National Grid Initiatives or Infrastructures (NGIs) are organisations set up by individual countries to manage the computing resources they provide to the European e-Infrastructure (EGI). NGIs are EGI’s main stakeholders, together with CERN and EMBL, two European Intergovernmental Research Organisations (EIROs).
Each NGIs contributes a number of sites to the grid infrastructure. NGIs are responsible for the maintenance and running of the sites they operate.
A full list of participants in the European Grid Infrastructure is available (EGI.eu Council).
NGIs using the EGI Wiki
- AT (Austria): NGI_AT (The Austrian Grid Initiative)
- CH (Switzerland): SwiNG (Swiss National Grid Association)
- CZ (Czech Republic): MetaCentrum
- BY (Belarus)
- DE (Germany): NGI-DE
- HR (Croatia): CRO NGI
- HU (Hungary): NGI-HU
- PL (Poland): NGI-PL
- RS (Serbia): AEGIS (Academic and Educational Grid Initiative of Serbia)
- GR (Greece): HellasGrid ( Grid Infrastructure)