Difference between revisions of "HOWTO21"
Revision as of 09:42, 10 October 2019
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Documentation menu:||Home •||Manuals •||Procedures •||Training •||Other •||Contact ►||For:||VO managers •||Administrators|
How to add URL service endpoint information into GOC-DB
For monitoring purposes, each service endpoints registered into GOC-DB with the flags production and monitored should include the endpoint URL information in order to be contacted by the relative nagios probe.
Important: currently these steps are required only for the sites under certification. For sites in production, EGI Monitoring is retrieving from the Top-BDII these information
The information needed for service type are:
- CREAM-CE: the queue URL where the ops VO is enabled. This is the value of the attribute GlueCEUniqueID published in the BDII (e.g. cream.egi.eu:8443/cream-pbs-ops).
- SRM: the value of the attribute GlueServiceEndpoint published in the BDII (e.g. httpg://se.egi.eu:8444/srm/managerv2)
- Other service types: the value of the attribute GlueServiceEndpoint published in the BDII
It is also possible registering additional endpoints for each service: by setting also the "Monitored" flag, ARGO will monitor them.
For having more information about managing the Service endpoints in GOC-DB, please consult the relative documentation.
Get the information
For retrieving the queue URL from the BDII, you can simply use the command lcg-infosites executed from an UI. Be sure to query a production Top-BDII: you can either set the one provided by your Operations Centre or choose one from https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=Service_Group&id=1205
$ export LCG_GFAL_INFOSYS=egee-bdii.cnaf.infn.it:2170 $ lcg-infosites --vo ops ce | grep nikhef 5680 15 0 0 0 dissel.nikhef.nl:2119/jobmanager-pbs-infra 5680 17 1 1 0 gazon.nikhef.nl:8443/cream-pbs-infra 5680 15 0 0 0 juk.nikhef.nl:8443/cream-pbs-infra 5680 15 0 0 0 klomp.nikhef.nl:8443/cream-pbs-infra 5680 16 0 0 0 stremsel.nikhef.nl:8443/cream-pbs-infra
For getting the GlueServiceEndpoint URL of your SRM service, you can launch a ldap query to your site-bdii (or also directly to the SRM service):
$ ldapsearch -x -LLL -H ldap://sbdii01.ncg.ingrid.pt:2170 -b "mds-vo-name=NCG-INGRID-PT,o=grid" '(&(objectClass=GlueService)(GlueServiceType=SRM))' GlueServiceEndpoint dn: GlueServiceUniqueID=httpg://srm01.ncg.ingrid.pt:8444/srm/managerv2,Mds-Vo-name=NCG-INGRID-PT,o=grid GlueServiceEndpoint: httpg://srm01.ncg.ingrid.pt:8444/srm/managerv2
In a similar way, by just changing the value of GlueServiceType, you can get the endpoint URLs of other services.
An alternative way for retrieving the GlueServiceEndpoint URL is using the GLUE2 information browser provided by VAPOR (https://operations-portal.egi.eu/vapor/resources/GL2ResNGISites): select your NGI, then your site and hence the Storage service; click on the endpoint details button for finding the URL associated to the SRM interface.
Fill in the information
URLs information are completely missing
- URLs information are completely missing: you need to edit the services information
Additional endpoints information
In case you need to register an additional endpoint for a service, go on the service summary page and add the proper information. In the example below it is shown the case of a computing element.
In order to properly monitor your webdav endpoint:
- you should register a new service endpoint with the webdav service type, separated from the SRM one;
- fill in the webdav URL containing also the VO ops folder, for example: https://darkstorm.cnaf.infn.it:8443/webdav/ops or https://hepgrid11.ph.liv.ac.uk/dpm/ph.liv.ac.uk/home/ops/
- it corresponds to the value of GLUE2 attribute GLUE2EndpointURL (containing the used port and without the VO folder);
- verify that the webdav url (for example: https://darkstorm.cnaf.infn.it:8443/webdav ) is properly accessible.
In order to properly monitor your gridftp endpoint for ops VO
- register a new service endpoint, associating the storage element hostname to the service type “globus-GRIDFTP”, with the "production" flag disabled;
- in the “Extension Properties” section of the service endpoint page, fill in the following fields:
- Name: SE_PATH
- Value: /dpm/ui.savba.sk/home/ops (this is an example, set the proper path)
- check if the tests are ok (it might take some hours for detecting the new service endpoint) and then switch the production flag to "yes"