|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|GOC DB menu:||Home •||Documentation Index •|
- See EGI RT tracker: https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Dashboards/5541/GOCDB-Requirements
Support different AAI schemes
- Add support for Federated Identity Management (FIM) to allow authentication other than x509
- Extend the authentication system for different open-access modes allowing un-authenticated users to browse the public-facing services/resources in read-only mode (hiding selected/sensitive data).
- History log, i.e. who did what and when such as updating data, approving roles (July 2015 - June 2016, EUDAT M4-M15)
Investigate Service Registry Requirements
- Investigate if GOCDB could be extended for use as public-facing service registry for science-applications, and assess feasibility and benefit. This would probably need to cover: un-authenticated users, service SLAs, pay-for-use details, service access/usage policies, service-capabilities, other extra info...
Render GOCDB data in GLUE2 Format
Insert-downtime PI method
- [Not confirmed] Programatic/writable PI query to insert downtimes as an alternative to the portal GUI.
- Probably would use GLUE2 XML as message format (http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.209.pdf).
- RT: https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=4935
- [Not confirmed] Support for VOs (maybe query SEs by supported VO)
- [Not confirmed] Regionalisation
- RT: https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=2788
- GOCDB4 Regionalisation Status and Plans - More details on regionalisation and progress of Standalone deployments within NGIs.
- [Not confirmed] VO Feed for ATP GOCDB/Release4/Development/VSites/VOFeedXML
- Use the Service Groups (VSites) to build a VO feed for ATP.
Enhance Data Model
- Extend the data model to more effectively support clouds, virtual infrastructures new resource types, e.g. by supporting more attributes from the GLUE2 standard and the currently evolving GLUE2.1 cloud extensions.
Provide Service and ServiceEndpoint PIDs
- e.g. leverage the EPIC PID service (www.pidconsortium.eu) to assign PIDs to Services and Endpoints
- Creates a longtime stable and unique service-id, assigned when a new SE is created.
- ID could be resolvable such as the EPIC/Handle PIDs are.
- Provide at least one new specific PID field which can be entered by site (service-endpoint) managers.
- Introduce a more capable MVC framework to improve the UI and user experience
Investigate Abstraction of Business Rules
- Investigate if the GOCDB business rules could be abstracted using a Business Rules Management Engines (BRMS), and assess feasibility and benefit: currently GOCDB enforces a number of EGI specific business rules and access policies. These could be abstracted into a separate module (or external system) to allow other resources in different projects/scopes to apply different rule-sets and policies for their resources