As of 31.05.12 the GOCDB service is provided through two portals: a read only instance at goc.egi.eu and a read/write instance at gocdb4.esc.rl.ac.uk. We would like to consolidate these and provide the service through one read/write portal at goc.egi.eu.
Two portals were provided to support the deployment of multiple "regional" read/write portals containing different data. These "regional" portals would publish their data to the "central" read-only portal. A central read/write portal was provided for NGIs who didn't want to host their own regional GOCDB instance. However as a regional synchronised GOCDB doesn't yet exist this separation confuses users.
If a regional synchronising GOCDB is developed in future we can revert back to the old model.
- Bring up the planned changes at JRA-1 (Done 24.05.12)
- Create an RT ticket from the proposal and send it round OTAG/OMB (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org), JRA-1 + SA-1.
- Agree on a date
- Widely disseminate the change
- No more gocdb4.esc.rl.ac.uk
- Make the change
Switch off gocdb4.esc.rl.ac.uk and switch goc.egi.eu to read/write mode.
- Remove the "Portal Instance" user interface element
- Remove landing page
- Switch goc.egi.eu to read/write mode
- Power down gocdb4.esc.rl.ac.uk, save logs
- Remove gocdb4.esc.rl.ac.uk from DNS