<< Back to GOCDB/Documentation_Index
The developments we are currently working on are listed below. They come from the agreed development list, as defined by the Operational Tools Advisory Group (OTAG) who filters and prioritizes user requests.
(related: [GOCDB development items is available in the EGI RT ticket tracker])
Support Multiple Endpoints Per Service
Redevelop the xml_output module to implement nested XML collections [not confirmed]
probably using the Query2XML package. This is necessary because the existing XML Output module will only generate flat XML documents (e.g. that often map to individual DB entities). Currently SQL joins/associations between Sites, SEs and URLs cannot be represented as hierarchical/nested XML documents (for example, consider nesting multiple EndpointLocation objects and URLs within a single ServiceEndpoint element, see: Media:GocdbGlue2UnicoreV2.pdf). It is likely that this is a requirement for regionalisation to implement the proposed XML 'synch' docs described at: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/GOCDB/Release4/Regionalisation/Data_Transfer_Format
- GOCDB4 Regionalisation Status and Plans - More details on regionalisation and progress of Standalone deployments within NGIs.
Feedback received on the new system is given at: GOCDB/Release4/Feedback
- v4.1 Released 01 Nov 2011 https://www.sysadmin.hep.ac.uk/svn/grid-monitoring/tags/gocdb/GOCDB-4.1/gocdb/changeLog.txt
- v4.2 Released 25 Nov 2011 (includes Scoping) https://www.sysadmin.hep.ac.uk/svn/grid-monitoring/tags/gocdb/GOCDB-4.2/gocdb/changeLog.txt
- Central GOCDB failover in place, end Dec 2011.
- v4.3 Finer grained roles/permissions, Jan 2012
- v4.4 Virtual Sites (VSites), ~March 2012
- [Not confirmed] Replace current XML output module to cater for nested XML collections
- [Not confirmed] Generating valid GLUE2 XML document from GOCDB data, see: GOCDB/Release4/Development/GLUE2Compatibility.
- [Not confirmed] Support for VOs (maybe query SEs by supported VO)
- A re-prioritization exercise will then determine the next major developments.