< GOCDB | Release4
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|GOC DB menu:||Home •||Documentation Index •|
The developments we are currently working on are listed below. They come from the agreed development list, as defined by the Operational Tools Advisory Group (OTAG) who filters and prioritizes user requests.
- See: [GOCDB development items is available in the EGI RT ticket tracker]
- Feedback received on the new system is given at: GOCDB/Release4/Feedback
Support for a new RDBMS
- GOCDB currently relies heavily on Oracle PLSQL. Support is required for a new open source database. We are currently developing a new DB agnostic GOCDB back-end using an ORM mapping framework called Doctrine. This is planned for release in GOCDB v5 (~April/May).
Longer Term / Unconfirmed Roadmap
Extend Scoping to Support Multiple Projects/Target Infrastructures
- This involves extending the current scoping logic so a single GOCDB instance can support sites and services belonging to multiple Target Infrastructures (scopes).
Multiple Endpoints Per Service
Render GOCDB data in GLUE2 Format
Add downtime PI method
- [Not confirmed] Programatic/writable PI query to insert downtimes as an alternative to the portal GUI.
- Probably would use GLUE2 XML as message format (GFD is in prep).
- RT: https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=4935
Extensiblity mechanism (Key-Value pair property bags)
- RT: https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=3764
- Simiar to the GLUE2 extensibility mechanim, the core GOCDB entities (NGIs, Sites, Services, ServiceGroups, Endpoints) will be extended so that they can define an optional set of custom key-value pairs with PI query support.
- [Not confirmed] Support for VOs (maybe query SEs by supported VO)
[Not confirmed] Regionalisation
- RT: https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=2788
- GOCDB4 Regionalisation Status and Plans - More details on regionalisation and progress of Standalone deployments within NGIs.
- [Not confirmed] VO Feed for ATP GOCDB/Release4/Development/VSites/VOFeedXML
- Use the Service Groups (VSites) to build a VO feed for ATP.