GGUS ticket monitoring
This page is in draft version!
Ticket Monitoring Dashboard
For easier triage of critical tickets a dashboard was implemented.
This dashboard is linked from the "GGUS tools/reports" section with label "Monitor" on GGUS Home.
The dashboard is only visible for the GGUS monitoring group.
Operations tickets are submitted via the operations portal. They are of ticket type OPS.
Monitoring of OPS tickets is done by the COD team.
Monitoring middleware tickets was discussed several times. The latest agreement was the GGUS-AB meeting November 2012.
- Relevant information is also available here:
- The assignment of ETA is checked by DMSU. This process is still valid.
- When the ETA date/time arrives, the ticket monitoring checks whether the fix was delivered and is part of any UMD release.
In general the monitoring process given in File:Ticket Monitoring.pdf is also valid for middleware tickets.
Critical Middleware Tickets
- In case only a few tickets are to be discussed, the GGUS monitoring team adds Cristina Aiftimiei in CC field of the tickets (email@example.com). That will catch her attention and every thing can be kept within the original ticket. 
- In case of many tickets the GGUS monitoring team sends her the list of tickets by e-mail.
- If there are doubts about tickets, please submit a ticket to Operations SU referencing the tickets in question. Operations SU will then escalate this to TCB
It was agreed  that the GGUS monitoring team is not supposed to close untouched tickets at any time.
The monitoring process for non-operations and non-middleware tickets is documented in File:Ticket Monitoring.pdf in detail. A short summary of required actions is as follows:
- add comments
- tag ticket for adding to monitoring dashboard
- set follow-up date
- set appropriate remind on date
- assign ticket to site operations managers if applicable
- involve NGI operations managers if necessary
- submit a ticket against "Operations" SU referencing untouched tickets
- GGUS-AB meeting November 2012