GGUS:RESOURCE ALLOCATION FAQ
FAQ FOR RESOURCE ALLOCATION SUPPORT UNIT
- Responsible Unit
- RESOURCE ALLOCATION
- GGUS (Operations Helpdesk by TPM)
What is the purpose of the RESOURCE ALLOCATION Support?
The SU is responsible for handling all issues related to a process of Resource Allocation in EGI infrastructure.
For which components does RESOURCE ALLOCATION provide support?
The team provides a support for issues identified within e-grant (e-grant.egi.eu) tool.
Which quality of service (QoS) will you provide?
(FAQ_GGUS-QoS-Levels) Medium service is provided.
Who will assign tickets to RESOURCE ALLOCATION Support?
A numer of actors take place in Resource Allocation process:
- VO representative - who submits a request for resources, negotiates it and utilizes it
- NGI manager - who can be responsible for contributing resources and for providing support for users within a binding SLA
- Site manager - who is responsible for contributing resources and for providing support for users within a binding SLA
- EGI.eu representative - who may submit any request regarding the RA process
Are tickets typically solved in RESOURCE ALLOCATION Support or reassigned elsewhere?
Tickets are solved by members of EGI Resource Allocation Operations Team who are accesible through resource-allocation-support AT mailman.egi.eu mailing list.
Who is responsible for RESOURCE ALLOCATION Support?
Responsible for EGI RA SU is the head of EGI Resource Allocation Operations Team (currently: Marcin Radecki m.radecki AT cyfronet.pl)
What documentation is available on RESOURCE ALLOCATION Support?
Resource Allocation procedure - TODO LINK
What is the usual "Type of Issue" for the tickets of RESOURCE ALLOCATION?
What if I have questions which are not dealt with by this FAQ?
Open a GGUS ticket indicating that it should be directed at the RESOURCE ALLOCATION team.
- Please use this