FAQ FOR DMSU SUPPORT UNIT
- Responsible Unit
- GGUS (Operations Helpdesk by TPM)
- 1 What is the purpose of the DMSU Support?
- 2 For which components does DMSU provide support?
- 3 Which quality of service (QoS) will you provide?
- 4 Who will assign tickets to DMSU Support?
- 5 Are tickets typically solved in DMSU Support or reassigned elsewhere?
- 6 Who is responsible for DMSU Support?
- 7 What documentation is available on DMSU Support?
- 8 What is the usual "Type of Issue" for the tickets of DMSU?
- 9 Comments
- 10 What if I have questions which are not dealt with by this FAQ?
- 11 Search
What is the purpose of the DMSU Support?
The DMSU is the 2nd level support for software deployed on EGI, middleware coming from external providers in particular (hence the legacy name Deployed Middleware Support Unit). The purpose of the DMSU is to provide support for problems not solvable by the first level support (the Helpdesk). Problem assigned to the DMSU are analysed by the software experts and setup workarounds are found or a dialogue is initiated with the 3rd level support team, the middleware provider. Tickets are kept open in DMSU shortly only, either a solution should be found in reasonable time or the issue is identified to be related to a defect, at it is reassigned to the appropriate software provider unit.
For which components does DMSU provide support?
There is no comprehensive list. In rough terms all software distributed by EGI (and all software distributed by EGI should have a support unit).
Which quality of service (QoS) will you provide?
Who will assign tickets to DMSU Support?
Tickets are escalated from the 1st level support team after the problem has been analysed and is considered to be a problem related to the deployed middleware.
Are tickets typically solved in DMSU Support or reassigned elsewhere?
Statistically approx. 1/4 of tickets are solved directly in DMSU; the others relate do software defects are after having been analysed in DMSU they are assigned to other support units. DMSU will assure that there is enough information and there is a valid problem before assigning the ticket to a support unit.
Who is responsible for DMSU Support?
Ales Krenek, CESNET
What documentation is available on DMSU Support?
See the following: EGI DMSU
What is the usual "Type of Issue" for the tickets of DMSU?
What if I have questions which are not dealt with by this FAQ?
Open a GGUS ticket indicating that it should be directed at the DMSU team.
- Please use this