|Main||Roadmap and Innovation||Technology||For Users||For Resource Providers||Media|
Leader: Alvaro Simon, JR1
This workgroup deals with the issues around cloud brokering. With 10+ resource providers lined up to be federated into the EGI cloud testbed, users need effective ways to access cloud resources. The goal is for a user to have a choice between a unified, abstracted view of the cloud testbed as a whole and the opportunity to target specific providers for their needs. As a consequence, this workgroup is concerned with both brokers and OCCI clients.
- Collect information about existing solutions for cloud brokering and client compatible with OCCI and CDMI;
- Make an inventory of the available solutions;
- Choose a broker and a client for the testbed;
- If possible, join the development teams of the chosen solutions to the task force;
- Coordinate with the TF Resorce Providers to deploy the chosen solutions;
- Extend the demo testbed addressing a real-life use case.