|Main||Roadmap and Innovation||Technology||For Users||For Resource Providers||Media|
EGI Federated Cloud Resource Providers
EGI Federated Cloud resource providers are institutions and companies that contribute to the FedCloud providing access to their cloud infrastructure via the Federation. Resource providers are free to use any Cloud Manafement Framework (OpenNebula, OpenStack, etc...), the only requirement is that the CMF exposes interfaces compliant to the FedCloud standards.
Join as a Resource Provider
Every institution and company is invited to join the EGI Federated Cloud. The members of the EGI Federated Cloud have also the opportunity to join the EGI Federated Cloud Task Force, contributing directly to the creation and implementation of the clouds federation.
If you want to join the EGI Federated Cloud, you can send en email to the EGI Federated Cloud Task Force, specifying the following information (fields with * are mandatory)
- Email address*
- One paragraph long description of your organization
- Envisaged timeline (is there a deadline to finish the setup? for how long do you wish to contribute to the EGI Federated project?)
- Estimated number and size of machines that you may provide to EGI
- Type of Cloud Management Framework you are using
- Link to webpage, document or other online resource for further information
Current Resource Providers
|BSC||Daniele Lezzi||Roger Rafanell|
|CESGA (IBERgrid)||Ivan Diaz||Esteban Freire|
|CESNET (NGI CZ)||Miroslav Ruda||Boris Parak|
|CETA-CIEMAT||Abel Paz||Alfonso Pardo, Miguel Ángel Díaz|
|Cyfronet (NGI PL)||Tomasz Szepieniec||Marcin Radecki, Jan Meizner|
|FZ Jülich||Björn Hagemeier||Shahbaz Memon|
|GRIF (LAL)||Michel Jouvin||?|
|GRNET||Panos Louridas||Vangelis Floros, John Giannelos|
|GWDG||Ramin Yahyapour||Philipp Wieder, Florian Feldhaus, Piotr Kasprzak|
|IFCA||Enol Fernandez||Pablo Orviz|
|IGI||Giacinto Donvito||Paolo Veronesi|
|CC-IN2P3 (NGI FR)||Hélène Cordier||Mattieu Puel, Alvaro Lopez Garcia|
|Oxford (NGI UK)||David Wallom||Kashif Mohammad|
|SARA (NGI NL)||Jhon Masschelein
||Maurice Bouwhuis, Machiel Jansen|
|STFC (e-Science)||Ian Collier||Alan Kyffin|
|TCD (NGI IE)||David O'Callahan||Stuart Kenny|
|KTH||Zeeshan Ali Shah||Ake Edlund|
|SZTAKI||Sandor Acs||Peter Kotcauer|
|INFN-Napoli||Silvio Pardi||Domenico del Prete|
|IISAS||Viet Tran||Binh Minh Nguyen|
|100 Percent IT Ltd||David Blundell||Matthew Symonds|
More information about the Resource Providers belonging to the FedCloud Testbed are available here.
Cloud Management Frameworks
The federation of IaaS Cloud resources in EGI is built upon the extensive autonomy of Resource Providers in terms of ownership of exposed resources. The different cloud providers may have different Cloud Managemnt Frameworks (ex. OpenNebula, OpenStack, etc...), the federation implies only that the CMF exposes a set of common interfaces (ex. OCCI for VM management, CDMI for Data management, etc...)
More in-depth information about the EGI Federated Cloud architecture and technology is provided here.
The table below provides a list of the most famous CMFs and the status of the support of the EGI Federated Cloud interfaces.
|Cloud Mgmt. Fram.||Fed. AAI||Monitoring||Accounting||Img. Mgmt.||OCCI||CDMI|
Guides for deployment of the FedCloud interfaces for the most used Cloud Management Frameworks are reported below:
- Monitoring happens passive, i.e. no active integration from the side of Cloud Management Frameworks necessary.
- Most of StratusLab’s integration capabilities are inherited from OpenNebula. Since StratusLab will discontinue its integration with OpenNebula (see below), the future functionality and integration capabilities of StratusLab are unknown at this point in time.