|Main||Roadmap and Innovation||Technology||For Users||For Resource Providers||Media|
EGI is a federation of national and domain specific resource infrastructure providers comprised of individual resource centres. Many of these resource centres have been experimenting with the deployment of virtualised management environments to improve the local delivery of services. Many of EGI’s current and new user communities would like to access the flexibility provided by virtualisation across the infrastructure on demand in a ‘cloud like’ environment. Federating these individual virtualised resources is a major priority for EGI that has started with the EGI User Virtualisation Workshop, and the drafting of the EGI Cloud Integration Profile.
- develop a blueprint document for EGI resource centres that wish to securely federate and share their virtualised environments as part of the production infrastructure;
- define and prototype in conjunction with the relevant parties integrations with EGI’s existing production infrastructure for solutions for monitoring, accounting and advertising through the information services virtualised resources;
- investigate and catalogue requirements for future new community facing services for infrastructure deployment;
- provide feedback to relevant technology providers (both within and external to the TCB) on their implementations and any changes needed for deployment into the production infrastructure;
- identify and work with user communities willing to be early adopters of the resulting virtualised infrastructure to help prioritise its development;
- identify issues that need to be addressed by other areas of EGI (e.g. policy, operations, support & dissemination).
The Task Force activities take place on its mailing list and on a weekly conference call. At the moment, our effort is organised in work groups. Each work group is led by a member of the Task Force. Each member of the Task Force is free to contribute to any work group or to suggest the creation of a new work group. Analogously, each member of Task Force can organise a meeting dedicated to further progress a specific workgroup activity.
The Task Force meet every Tuesday at 11:00 CET in a conference call.
Full details on meeting attendance are published in the administrative section
Cloud Resources Status
The Task Force is developing a resource monitor solution for the clouds federation based on Nagios. Meanwhile, here a table showing the current status of the cloud resources made available by the resource providers that have joined the Task Force. This table is updated weekly by the resource providers.
|User registration||User access||VM availability||Elastic IPs||Object Storage||Persistent Storage|
|CESNET (NGI CZ)|
|CYFRONET (NGI PL)|
|IN2P3 (NGI FR)|
|OerC (UK NGI)|
|SARA (NGI NL)|
|TCD (NGI IE)|
Task Force Resources
- Task Force Mandate: https://documents.egi.eu/document/720
- Task Force Roadmap: https://documents.egi.eu/secure/RetrieveFile?docid=803&version=1&filename=lyon_20092011_v3.pdf
- Other EGI Virtualisation activities: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/EGI_Virtualisation_Activities