- Status: active
- Start Date: 05/09/2014
- End Date: -
- EGI.eu contact: Diego Scardaci / email@example.com
- External contact: Giampaolo Fiorentino / firstname.lastname@example.org Luigi Briguglio / email@example.com
INERTIA project addresses the "structural inertia" of existing Distribution Grids by introducing more active elements combined with the necessary control and distributed coordination mechanisms. To this end INERTIA will adopt the Internet of Things/Services principles to the Distribution Grid Control Operations.
- Use Case 1: Selection of the optimal portfolio on an emergency grid operation - Congestion issues are related with the power that flows among the lines or the transformers of a power system. The power flows among the different network’s equipment must be maintained within acceptable operational limits (equipment’s thermal limits) in order to prevent equipment failures. In emergency situation a selection of optimal local hub can be used to keep the grid stable.
- Use Case 2: Selection of the optimal portfolio on a non emergency grid operation - This use case describes the situation where the total Consumption of an Aggregated portfolio should be optimized based on the reception of data from market operations. This can be the prediction of tariff information, the operation of Reserve Markets.
- Use Case 3: Monitoring of energy data (Aggregator Hub installation) - A rich monitoring tool is the prerequisite to determine state and performance of the total hub portfolio. It has to collect measured data on different time-scales from DERs, Building Energy Management Systems (Local Hubs) and also manage the regulation of data provision with a large variety of graphical data representations. Different monitoring approaches are delivered for the available data depending on the time horizon.
- Use Case 4: Setting User Preferences - Final Occupants will have the capability of explicitly setting their preferences through a personalized Ambient UI. Moreover, they will have full control over DERs within their personalised working area, using traditional controls (light switches, HVAC panels etc.). If they feel that their preferences are violated, any automated control will be postponed, informing the system of the corrective action performed by the user and the potential discomfort caused.
Requirements: 1 VM with Tomact and 8080 open.