- 1 GGUS-Account
- 1.1 How can I manage my GGUS account data?
- 1.2 How can I update certificate data of my GGUS account?
- 1.3 How can I add my EGI SSO persistent ID to my GGUS account data?
- 1.4 I'm member of ggus-supporters.egi.eu group. Why don't I have support privileges in GGUS?
- 1.5 Why do I need a login and password for my GGUS account?
- 1.6 What if I forgot login and password for my GGUS account?
- 1.7 What if I have questions which are not dealt with by this FAQ?
How can I manage my GGUS account data?
GGUS users should be able to manage their GGUS account data by themselves.
For managing the GGUS account data the user has to click the link “Check your GGUS account” at the bottom of this page.
How can I update certificate data of my GGUS account?
Users should update their certificate data before their old certificate expires. They can navigate to the registration page, click the link "Check your GGUS account" and update their data. Modifying the DN field will result in an additional DN field: the old DN will be kept and the new DN will be added. Subsequently the user is identified with the two DNs. If the old DN is not valid anymore please just clear the DN field and save the change. Once the old certificate has expired before updating the account data users have to use their login and password to do so. Last but not least the change/deletion of a DN can be requested via a GGUS ticket against GGUS support unit.
How can I add my EGI SSO persistent ID to my GGUS account data?
Pre-requisits: the email address of your EGI SSO account must be equal to the email address registered in GGUS!
For adding your EGI SSO persistent ID to your account data please do the following:
- login to GGUS using your EGI SSO account
- on GGUS home click the Registration link
- click the button "Add my shibboleth id to my account" at the bottom of the yellow box.
I'm member of ggus-supporters.egi.eu group. Why don't I have support privileges in GGUS?
'Pre-requisits: the email address of your EGI SSO account must be equal to the email address registered in GGUS!'
- Case 1 (user isn't registered in GGUS yet): unregistered users have to register first. On registration page you will see this text:
“You are member of EGI AAI CheckIn ggus supporter. You will get automatically support right for the GGUS portal once you will submit this form.“
Support permissions will be granted automatically.
Click on the "Add my ...." button.
- Case 2 (user already registered in GGUS with an x509 DN): You can decide to add the shibboleth id to the existing account and check the updated account
In case the email addresses are different you may either harmonize your email address in EGI SSO and GGUS account or create a new account using EGI SSO data.
Why do I need a login and password for my GGUS account?
Access via login and password is needed in case the certificate has expired before the GGUS account was updated with the new certificate. However, using a certificate or EGI SSO are the preferred authentication methods.
What if I forgot login and password for my GGUS account?
If users forgot their login and password they have to contact GGUS team for either resetting their password or updating the certificate DN with a valid certificate.
What if I have questions which are not dealt with by this FAQ?
Please submit a GGUS ticket or send your question by mail to supportatnospamggus.org.