EGI IGTF Release Process
This page is in draft
About this distribution
This page describe the procedure for the announcement and propagation of a new release of the EGI Trust Anchor distribution. The EGI Policy on Approved Certification Authorities describes the set of trust anchors accepted by EGI and put forward for consideration by the NGIs to install as the 'agreed set' of Identity Management trust anchors. For the time being, only PKI trust achors ('Certification Authorities') are included in this release.
The announcement and distribution of trust anchors within EGI and the NGIs should be done in a well defined order to ensure consistent deployment and to ensure that the monitoring of the NGIs and sites matches the currently recommended version of the trust anchors.
For historical reasons, the name of the meta-package that enshrines the EGI policy on approved CAs is called 'lcg-CA'. This will change in a subsequent release, but meanwhile no meaning should be inferred from the meta-package name.
- IGTF/EUGridPMA Liaison: David Groep
- Central monitoring config centre: CERN/James Casey
- Distribution Repository: GRNET/?
- Configuration, integration and staged roll-out coordination: LIP/Mario David
- Regional follow-up: NGI contacts
- Security oversight and determination of grace period: EGI CSIRT/Mingchao Ma and Sven Gabriel