EGI-InSPIRE:TSA3.2.5 Work Area for this activity
|EGI Inspire Main page|
Wiki page for EGI InSPIRE SA3 TSA3.2.5 (MPI) activities
This task encompasses the Support for parallel computing (MPI) function. MPI applications are critical for many user communities, but the integration of this capability into the general infrastructure has been difficult. The task focuses on improvements to the core services and software needed to support MPI. In particular, commitment from two of the Heavy User Communities (HUC), CCMST and Fusion, will ensure that the needs and requirements of all user communities are met.
* Isabel Campos (CSIC) * Antonio Laganà (UNIPG) * Alessandro Costantini (UNIPG) * Enol Fernández del Castillo (CSIC) * Stefano Crocchianti (UNIPG) * Leonardo Pacifici (UNIPG) * Jamie Shiers (TSA 3.2 Co-ordinator, CERN) * John Walsh (TCD)
* Phone Conference (20/07/2010) - Minutes to be attached.
Milestones and Deliverables
EGI Technical Forum (13th-17th September 2010)
Outline of the MPI Session in the EGI TEchnical Forum
Wednesday 15th September 16:00 - 17:30
- 16:00 - 16:05 Introduction
- Isabel Campos (CSIC)
- 16:05 - 16:25 Users View and perspectives
- Alessandro Constantini (Univ. Perugia)
- 16:25 - 16:45 Site deployment and MPI support
- John Walsh (TCD)
- 16:45 -17:30 Presentations, demos and discussion on support to MPI on the Grid using glite, ARC and Unicore,
- Enol Fernandez- CSIC (gLite),
- Ivan Degtyarenko- CSC (ARC)
- Bernd Schuller-FZJ (Unicore)
Documents (Quarterly Reports)
These are internal format/template-free quarterly reports.
* QR5 File:TSA-3 2 5-MPI-QR5.pdf * QR6 File:TSA-3 2 5-MPI-QR6.pdf * QR7 File:TSA-3 2 5-MPI-QR7.pdf
* Chimere Analysis Report File:Chimerereport.pdf