EGI-InSPIRE:TSA3.2.5 Work Area for this activity
Wiki page for EGI InSPIRE SA3 TSA3.2.5 (MPI) activities
This task encompasses the Support for parallel computing (MPI) function. MPI applications are critical for many user communities, but the integration of this capability into the general infrastructure has been difficult. The task focuses on improvements to the core services and software needed to support MPI. In particular, commitment from two of the Heavy User Communities (HUC), CCMST and Fusion, will ensure that the needs and requirements of all user communities are met.
* Isabel Campos (CSIC) * Antonio Laganà (UNIPG) * Alessandro Costantini (UNIPG) * Enol Fernández del Castillo (CSIC) * Stefano Crocchianti (UNIPG) * Leonardo Pacifici (UNIPG) * Jamie Shiers (TSA 3.2 Co-ordinator, CERN) * John Walsh (TCD)
* Phone Conference (20/07/2010) - Minutes to be attached.
Milestones and Deliverables
EGI Technical Forum (13th-17th September 2010)
Outline of the MPI Session in the EGI TEchnical Forum
Wednesday 15th September 16:00 - 17:30
- 16:00 - 16:05 (Isabel Campos, Introduction)
- 16:05 - 16:25 (Alessandro Constantini, Users View and perspectives)
- 16:25 - 16:45 (John Walsh, Site Support and certification)
- 16:45 -17:30 Discussion on support to MPI on the Grid using glite, ARC and Unicore, Enol Fernandez (gLite), Ivan Degtyarenko (ARC) and Bernd Schuller (Unicore)