|EGI Inspire Main page|
|Inspire reports menu:||Home •||SA1 weekly Reports •||SA1 Task QR Reports •||NGI QR Reports •||NGI QR User support Reports|
Progress of SA1 issues
Nothing new to report.
- D4.9 Operations Architecture: feedback from external review received. Working on final version.
SA1.1 Activity Management
- fedSM call, and preparation of service management improvement plan for EGI.eu core services
- CMVFS working group call
- Operations meeting
- handling of GGUS tickets
- VO validation/decommissioning activities
- status assessment of participation to EGI resource pool
- Preparation of a pre_OMB meeting to collect topics for the December's workshop
- Discussion around Glue-Validator for the upcoming switch into production of the probe
- Preparation for the SHA-2 campaign
- missing dteam group managers assignment
- ongoing routine operational tasks
- one new security incident being handled
- ongoing handling of several other incidents
- SVG: 6 New Vulnerabilities reported (5 concerning 1 piece of software, discovered by one of the RAT members, Simon Fayer)
- Torque still not sorted, problem found with special build which was thought to be a solution, in that accounting breaks, new version in work.
- Still not sure about long term solution - we will need to consider this and the more general case where software is widely deployed and is neither linux (where problems are usually quickly solved) nor grid middleware.
- UAB about to start on Vulnerability assessment of some parts of Unicore.
- Various problems solved concerning breaking of NGI-security-contacts list and other tools due to new GOCDB and connection problems.
- Security training/workshop in Linkoping joint with PRACE and EUDAT.
SA1.3 Staged rollout
Presently under Staged Rollout:
- IGE.security-integration v. 3.0.0
- EMI.cream-torque v. 2.1.1
- EMI.emi-cluster v. 2.0.1
- EMI.px v. 1.3.34 (new)
- IGE.gridway v. 5.14.1 (new)
- EMI.storm v. 1.11.2 (new)
- Planing of moving Desktop Grid to Operations Center
- Ongoing work - Coordinating work on accounting and information system manuals:
- Accounting data publishing
- Publication to information system
- Planing of moving EGI Cloud Infrastructure to production
- meeting with David Wallom - identification of current status, plans, timelines
SA1.4 Central tools
- version 5 deployed to production on Wednesday October 2nd
- RAL experienced nework outage on Thursday October 3rd
- Storage area network failure occurred on Friday October 4th, read-only failover instance activated on Saturday morning.
- staged rollout started on Friday October 4th (https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=6146)
- Renamed tests were added to Operations tests in Operations portal (full list: https://tomtools.cern.ch/confluence/display/SAMDOC/FAQs#FAQs-Renames%2Freplacements)
- GOCDB test org.nagiosexchange.GOCDB-PI modified to search for regex instead of string
- Tracking down problems with the ops VOMS (https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=6146)
- QCG testing with multi-record messages
- 1 new site publishing Cloud records
- Several problems have hit APEL systems this week causing slight delays in processing all accounting types. All systems are expected to be up to date by Thursday 10th at the latest.
- GGUS development meetings at CERN
- Ticket monitoring
SA1.8 Availability and core services
- Received league tables for September 2013.
- Resolved one dteam VO registration issue that came up after the migration of the service 
- Updated dteam VO wiki page in alignment with the current production service (after the migration)
- reviewing EGI.eu, RC and RP OLA - ongoing work
- Call with COD management about RP OLA improvement
- glue validator added to RC certification procedure