|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Progress of SA1 issues
Nothing new to report.
- D4.7 Operations Sustainability. Still in draft status, will be ready for review next Monday.
SA1.1 Activity Management
- JRA1 meeting
- organization and contribution to the EGI/EUDAT/PRACE workshop
- security meeting
- contribution to the defininition of a new VO A/R calculation algorithm
- discussion of problem of NGI A/R statistics, which are currently affected by sites that are in production just for a fraction of the calendar month
- Follow up of a GOCDB outage
- Follow up of message broker network outage affecting all NGIs (November A/R statistics will be recomputed)
- OPS VO management
- Submission of two abstracts for ISGC 2013
- coordination of plan for retirement of unsupported software, and discussion of a new plan and of the related development actions needed, for decommissioning of gLite 3.2 WN, DPM, LFC and EMI 1. 1/3 of the affected services retired/upgraded in the last 2 weeks. Discussion of an action plan to check the progress of upgrade plans by end of November
- contribution of ideas for the preparation of the EGI Champion programme
- monthly CSIRT team meeting held on 22 November
- activities for tracking upgrading status from gLite 3.2 components
- Including handling potential suspension of unresponsive sites - not needed in the end - all went into downtime
- SVG - handling of several new issues
- planning for security workshop and submission of 2 talks to ISGC 2013
- development work on new custom security probes for NGI SAM instance
- no sites were eventually suspended because of the lack of feedback about upgrade plans
SA1.3 Staged rollout
- EMI1 update 21 and EMI2 update 6 have entered into the SW provisioning process
- Some components already under verification (LB 3.2.9 from EMI1, and gridsite).
- UMD urgent release foreseen for some components, at least WN and DPM
- SAM19 completed SW provisioning and released into production.
- CA 1.51 completed SW provisioning expected to be released this week
- New changes into the SW provisioning process under discussion
- Participation to the envri use case meeting
- discussion of MAPPER helpdesk strategy and new actions
- Organization of the EGI/EUDAT/PRACE meeting, with the contribution of 6 user communities
SA1.4 Central tools
- Upgrade of AUTH and SRCE brokers finished successfully, CERN brokers will be upgraded tomorrow (https://operations-portal.egi.eu/broadcast/archive/id/817).
- SAM Update-19 released on November 23rd
- prolonged downtime of GOCDB because of power issues, the failover configuration did not prove to be ready to replace the primary instance affected by the problem. Action on EGI operations to discuss a better failover strategy for GOCDB.
- APEL downtime caused by issues of the power supply system of the hosting organization
Repository - outage last Tuesday, 20th November due to problem caused by electrical work carried out on the UPS at RAL, all APEL systems restored on Wednesday, 21st November. Sites continue to raise tickets in order to republish user DNs.
- Shopping list meeting to prioritise requests for GGUS
- Preparing the GGUS-AB phone conference next Thursday (2012-11-29), see agenda: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1259
- Preparing the next GGUS release on 2012-11-28
- usual ticket handling and dashboard work
- handling unsupported middleware tickets
- review of GOCdb business logic
- wrote plan for future COD activities
No report received
Started assessment of IPv6 compliance of FTS 3.
SA1.8 Availability and core services
- Revision of A/R algorithm for the computation of NGI availability/reliability statistics
- assessment of migration plan from VOMRS to VOMS and impact on DTEAM VO management duties. Upgrade date was postponed.
- EGI Operations Start Guide for newcomers was created.
- PROC04 was reviewed and split into two pages PROC04 and Availability and reliability monthly statistics
- Documentation page for administrators was created
- TERENA Network Operations Task Force meeting, Poznan, 12-13 Dec 2012