Difference between revisions of "EGI-InSPIRE:Sa1 2012-10-24"

From EGIWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(SA1.2 Security)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{Template:Op menubar}}
+
{{Template:Op menubar}} {{TOC_right}} SA1 weekly report  
{{TOC_right}}
 
[[Category:SA1 weekly report]]
 
SA1 weekly report
 
  
=Progress of SA1 issues=  
+
=Progress of SA1 issues= <!-- T. Ferrari -->  
<!-- T. Ferrari -->
 
  
(SA1) integration of Albania: the site administrators participated to TF12 training and promised progress in the set up of a grid site
+
(SA1) integration of Albania: the site administrators participated to TF12 training and promised progress in the set up of a grid site (SA1) PQ8 Grid software maintenance and support. Waiting for TCB discussions  
(SA1) PQ8 Grid software maintenance and support. Waiting for TCB discussions
 
  
=Milestones/Deliverables=
+
=Milestones/Deliverables= <!-- T. Ferrari -->  
<!-- T. Ferrari -->
 
* D4.6 Operations Architecture:
 
  
=SA1.1 Activity Management=
+
*D4.6 Operations Architecture:
<!-- S. Burke, T. Ferrari,  M. Krakowian, P. Solagna -->
 
* meetings:
 
** GDB for discussion of suspension policy related to the deployment of unsupported glite 3.1/3.2 services
 
** ISGC PC phone call
 
** fedSM weekly call
 
** COD meeting
 
** PRACE/EUDAT/EGI workshop organization meeting
 
* follow-up of suspension cases for low availability
 
* revision of operations service portfolio following gSLM guidelines (preparatory work for D4.7 deliverable on service sustainability)
 
  
=SA1.2 Security=  
+
=SA1.1 Activity Management= <!-- S. Burke, T. Ferrari,  M. Krakowian, P. Solagna -->
<!-- D. Kelsey -->
+
 
* Continued to provide the infrastructure to monitor obsolete gLite middleware and participated in several discussions with operations and COD people
+
*meetings:
* Chasing sites/tickets related to obsolete gLite middleware
+
**GDB for discussion of suspension policy related to the deployment of unsupported glite 3.1/3.2 services
* Still chasing few sites that have not yet upgraded WMS to address vulnerability #4073
+
**ISGC PC phone call
* TI accreditation process completed, with draft version of RFC 2350 (Expectations for Computer Security Incident Response) submitted. Now awaiting response.
+
**fedSM weekly call
* Start planning for a security training workshop at ISGC2013
+
**COD meeting
* Ongoing discussions about IRTF staffing/funding
+
**PRACE/EUDAT/EGI workshop organization meeting
* Presentation of HEP federated identity management pilot project at HEPiX meeting
+
*follow-up of suspension cases for low availability
* Presentation on Grid Security Policies, Procedures and activities at Shonan meeting
+
*revision of operations service portfolio following gSLM guidelines (preparatory work for D4.7 deliverable on service sustainability)
 +
 
 +
=SA1.2 Security= <!-- D. Kelsey -->  
 +
 
 +
*Continued to provide the infrastructure to monitor obsolete gLite middleware and participated in several discussions with operations and COD people  
 +
*Chasing sites/tickets related to obsolete gLite middleware  
 +
*Still chasing few sites that have not yet upgraded WMS to address vulnerability #4073  
 +
*TI accreditation process completed, with draft version of RFC 2350 (Expectations for Computer Security Incident Response) submitted. Now awaiting response.  
 +
*Start planning for a security training workshop at ISGC2013  
 +
*Ongoing discussions about IRTF staffing/funding  
 +
*Presentation of HEP federated identity management pilot project at HEPiX meeting  
 +
*Presentation on Grid Security Policies, Procedures and activities at Shonan meeting
  
 
= SA1.3 Staged rollout  =
 
= SA1.3 Staged rollout  =
  
 
*UMD 1.9.0 release freeze, includes: IGE SAGA, IGE Gridway, BDII Core, CREAM, GFAL/lcg_utils, WMS, ARC  
 
*UMD 1.9.0 release freeze, includes: IGE SAGA, IGE Gridway, BDII Core, CREAM, GFAL/lcg_utils, WMS, ARC  
*Continuation of SW provisioning towards UMD 2.3.0
+
*Continuation of SW provisioning towards UMD 2.3.0  
 
*Grid Operations meeting: 22 October
 
*Grid Operations meeting: 22 October
  
=SA1.3 Integration=
+
=SA1.3 Integration= <!-- E. Imamagic, M. Krakowian from Nov 2012 -->  
<!-- E. Imamagic, M. Krakowian from Nov 2012 -->
+
 
* collection of feedback from GLOBUS TF about site certification procedure
+
*collection of feedback from GLOBUS TF about site certification procedure
 +
 
 +
=SA1.4 Central tools= <!--E. Imamagic -->
  
=SA1.4 Central tools=
+
*By the end of Tuesday 26 NGIs have deployed SAM Update-17  
<!--E. Imamagic -->
+
*Help with MW monitoring instance setup  
*By the end of Tuesday 26 NGIs have deployed SAM Update-17
+
*Meeting between EMI Messaging PT and broker administrators scheduled for Wednesday  
*Help with MW monitoring instance setup
+
*Solved: problem of nagios binary and SL6 WNs (https://tomtools.cern.ch/jira/browse/SAM-2999)  
*Meeting between EMI Messaging PT and broker administrators scheduled for Wednesday
+
*Solved: problem with false alarms raised in Dashboard by SAM-Nagios instance in Beijing (https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=87276)  
*Solved: problem of nagios binary and SL6 WNs (https://tomtools.cern.ch/jira/browse/SAM-2999)
+
*Messaging: A new version the message broker service is ready to be deployed in the PROD
*Solved: problem with false alarms raised in Dashboard by SAM-Nagios instance in Beijing (https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=87276)
 
* Messaging: A new version the message broker service is ready to be deployed in the PROD  
 
network. This will be an update from: ActiveMQ 5.5.1-fuse-05-01 To: ActiveMQ 5.5.1-fuse-08-15
 
  
A complete changelog can be found at:
+
network. This will be an update from: ActiveMQ 5.5.1-fuse-05-01 To: ActiveMQ 5.5.1-fuse-08-15
http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Message+Broker+v5.5.1-fuse+Release+Notes
 
  
=SA1.5 Accounting=
+
A complete changelog can be found at: http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Message+Broker+v5.5.1-fuse+Release+Notes
<!--J. Gordon-->
 
  
 +
=SA1.5 Accounting= <!--J. Gordon-->
  
=SA1.6 Helpdesk=  
+
<br> =SA1.6 Helpdesk= <!-- T. Antoni -->  
<!-- T. Antoni -->
 
* revision of ticket escalation procedures in case of tickets without activity
 
* finalize the next GGUS release 2012-10-24
 
* preparing the first meeting of the GGUS advisory board
 
  
=SA1.7 Support=
+
*revision of ticket escalation procedures in case of tickets without activity
<!-- trompert -->
+
*finalize the next GGUS release 2012-10-24
 +
*preparing the first meeting of the GGUS advisory board
  
 +
=SA1.7 Support= <!--  trompert -->
  
== Software Support ==
+
<br> == Software Support == <!-- A Krenek --> Working smoothly, no specific issues to report.  
<!-- A Krenek -->
 
Working smoothly, no specific issues to report.
 
  
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
{| class="wikitable"
 +
|-
 
! DMSU tickets flow Oct 14 -- Oct 20
 
! DMSU tickets flow Oct 14 -- Oct 20
 
|-
 
|-
 +
| assigned
 +
| 16
 
|-
 
|-
| assigned
+
| back to tpm  
|      16
+
| 0
|-
 
| back to tpm
 
|         0
 
 
|-
 
|-
| reassigned to 3rd level
+
| reassigned to 3rd level  
|         12
+
| 12
 
|-
 
|-
| solved
+
| solved  
|       3
+
| 3
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
{| class="wikitable"
 +
|-
 
! open DMSU tickets status
 
! open DMSU tickets status
 
|-
 
|-
| assigned
+
| assigned  
 
| 0
 
| 0
 
|-
 
|-
| in progress
+
| in progress  
 
| 1
 
| 1
|-  
+
|-
 
| waiting for reply  
 
| waiting for reply  
 
| 4
 
| 4
 
|-
 
|-
| on hold
+
| on hold  
 
| 2
 
| 2
 
|}
 
|}
Line 112: Line 102:
 
== Network Support  ==
 
== Network Support  ==
  
* Installed new LFC catalogue machine on gridsrv6-net.dir.garr.it for IPv6 testing
+
*Installed new LFC catalogue machine on gridsrv6-net.dir.garr.it for IPv6 testing  
* Resumed CREAM CE testing and reporting
+
*Resumed CREAM CE testing and reporting
 +
 
 +
=SA1.8 Availability and core services= <!--C. Kanellopoulos-->
  
=SA1.8 Availability and core services=
+
* revision of EGI.eu OLA (Malgorzata) according to structure of operations service catalog. Organization of meetings with technical providers to agree/discuss about suggested service targets  
<!--C. Kanellopoulos-->
+
* DTEAM VOMRS migration in progress  
* revision of EGI.eu OLA (Malgorzata) according to structure of operations service catalog. Organization of meetings with technical providers to agree/discuss about suggested service targets
+
* DTEAM VO management duties  
* DTEAM VOMRS migration in progress
+
* installed new VOMS instance (from UMD2 release) to test VOMRS migration procedure
* DTEAM VO management duties
+
* published final A/R reports for September
 +
* follow up on A/R recomputation requests
 
* discussion of recomputations of A/R statistics fro September for all sites affected by problem:
 
* discussion of recomputations of A/R statistics fro September for all sites affected by problem:
 +
 
https://tomtools.cern.ch/jira/browse/SAM-2999
 
https://tomtools.cern.ch/jira/browse/SAM-2999
  
== Documentation ==
+
 
 +
== Documentation ==
 +
 
 
*ongoing work on the operations wiki space  
 
*ongoing work on the operations wiki space  
 
*ongoing work on EGI OLA
 
*ongoing work on EGI OLA
  
= Meetings=
+
= Meetings= <!--all-->  
<!--all-->
+
 
* PRACE/EGI/community meeting on data management (October/beginning of November)
+
*PRACE/EGI/community meeting on data management (October/beginning of November)
 +
 
 +
[[Category:SA1_weekly_report]]

Revision as of 16:03, 23 October 2012

Main EGI.eu operations services Support Documentation Tools Activities Performance Technology Catch-all Services Resource Allocation Security


SA1 weekly report 

Progress of SA1 issues

(SA1) integration of Albania: the site administrators participated to TF12 training and promised progress in the set up of a grid site (SA1) PQ8 Grid software maintenance and support. Waiting for TCB discussions

Milestones/Deliverables

  • D4.6 Operations Architecture:

SA1.1 Activity Management

  • meetings:
    • GDB for discussion of suspension policy related to the deployment of unsupported glite 3.1/3.2 services
    • ISGC PC phone call
    • fedSM weekly call
    • COD meeting
    • PRACE/EUDAT/EGI workshop organization meeting
  • follow-up of suspension cases for low availability
  • revision of operations service portfolio following gSLM guidelines (preparatory work for D4.7 deliverable on service sustainability)

SA1.2 Security

  • Continued to provide the infrastructure to monitor obsolete gLite middleware and participated in several discussions with operations and COD people
  • Chasing sites/tickets related to obsolete gLite middleware
  • Still chasing few sites that have not yet upgraded WMS to address vulnerability #4073
  • TI accreditation process completed, with draft version of RFC 2350 (Expectations for Computer Security Incident Response) submitted. Now awaiting response.
  • Start planning for a security training workshop at ISGC2013
  • Ongoing discussions about IRTF staffing/funding
  • Presentation of HEP federated identity management pilot project at HEPiX meeting
  • Presentation on Grid Security Policies, Procedures and activities at Shonan meeting

SA1.3 Staged rollout

  • UMD 1.9.0 release freeze, includes: IGE SAGA, IGE Gridway, BDII Core, CREAM, GFAL/lcg_utils, WMS, ARC
  • Continuation of SW provisioning towards UMD 2.3.0
  • Grid Operations meeting: 22 October

SA1.3 Integration

  • collection of feedback from GLOBUS TF about site certification procedure

SA1.4 Central tools

  • By the end of Tuesday 26 NGIs have deployed SAM Update-17
  • Help with MW monitoring instance setup
  • Meeting between EMI Messaging PT and broker administrators scheduled for Wednesday
  • Solved: problem of nagios binary and SL6 WNs (https://tomtools.cern.ch/jira/browse/SAM-2999)
  • Solved: problem with false alarms raised in Dashboard by SAM-Nagios instance in Beijing (https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=87276)
  • Messaging: A new version the message broker service is ready to be deployed in the PROD

network. This will be an update from: ActiveMQ 5.5.1-fuse-05-01 To: ActiveMQ 5.5.1-fuse-08-15

A complete changelog can be found at: http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Message+Broker+v5.5.1-fuse+Release+Notes

SA1.5 Accounting


=SA1.6 Helpdesk=

  • revision of ticket escalation procedures in case of tickets without activity
  • finalize the next GGUS release 2012-10-24
  • preparing the first meeting of the GGUS advisory board

SA1.7 Support


== Software Support == Working smoothly, no specific issues to report.

DMSU tickets flow Oct 14 -- Oct 20
assigned 16
back to tpm 0
reassigned to 3rd level 12
solved 3
open DMSU tickets status
assigned 0
in progress 1
waiting for reply 4
on hold 2

Network Support

  • Installed new LFC catalogue machine on gridsrv6-net.dir.garr.it for IPv6 testing
  • Resumed CREAM CE testing and reporting

SA1.8 Availability and core services

  • revision of EGI.eu OLA (Malgorzata) according to structure of operations service catalog. Organization of meetings with technical providers to agree/discuss about suggested service targets
  • DTEAM VOMRS migration in progress
  • DTEAM VO management duties
  • installed new VOMS instance (from UMD2 release) to test VOMRS migration procedure
  • published final A/R reports for September
  • follow up on A/R recomputation requests
  • discussion of recomputations of A/R statistics fro September for all sites affected by problem:

https://tomtools.cern.ch/jira/browse/SAM-2999


Documentation

  • ongoing work on the operations wiki space
  • ongoing work on EGI OLA

Meetings

  • PRACE/EGI/community meeting on data management (October/beginning of November)