|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
SA1 weekly report
Progress of SA1 issues
(SA1) Integration of Albania: the site managers who attended training at TF12 promised progress in the coming months through the creation of the first Albanian site
- D4.6 Operations Architecture: incorporated all changes requested through the received reviews. Waiting for the moderator's review (promised today)
- D4.7: laying down structure of the document. Collection of new input received through the OMB survey after TF12
SA1.1 Activity Management
- assessment of status and progress of COD tickets for unsupported gLite 3.1/3.2 services
- assessment of problems with ARC-CE tests
- assessment of status of EMI 1/2 WN testing and distribution of information to relevant lists
- collection of information of service deployment by VO and discipline
- meetings: MAPPER phone conference, GlobusOnLine internal meeting, UCB meeting, FedSM meeting, GDB (full day), WLCG MB, FedCloud
- ongoing tuning of security dashboard and security nagios to improve the tool for the followup of sites deploying unsupported gLite 3.1/3.2 software (tests added recently to track the deployment of lcg-ce and CREAM instances that could not found with existing scripts)
- sites reported to be affected by CRITICAL errors are being ticketed by COD
- starting to see some fallout from the middleware version monitoring in the form of questions from sites, otherwise things are quiet
- discussion of duties and effort for running of incident response
SA1.3 Staged rollout
- Release of UMD 2.2.0 on the 9 October.
- Staged rollout of several components towards UMD 1.9.0 on the 29 October, the preliminary list:
- ARC 1.1.1 (all components), CREAM 1.13.5 (1.13.4 from EMI1), WMS 3.3.8, BDII-core 1.4.0, GFAL/lcg_utils 1.13.0, IGE Gridway 5.10.2, IGE-SAGA 1.6.1
- Some of the previous components are already in UMDStore area, and the other are under staged rollout some with reports already delivered.
- Preparation of SW provisioning of EMI2 components towards UMD 2.3.0 around the middle of November
- AMGA 2.3.0: staged rollout has finished and will be passed to UMDStore area closer to the freeze date.
- FTS 2.2.8 and EMIR 1.2.0 are under verification
- CREAM 1.14.1, dCache 2.2.4, UNICORE/X6 5.0.1 and UNICORE HILA 2.3.0 to start verification this week
- http://www.lip.pt/computing/apps/EGI_EA/index.php?option=1 will be used to get the metrics for the QR for SA1.3
- status assessment of MAPPER integration and proposal of ticket workflows involving EGI and PRACE helpdesk
- organization of EGI/EUDAT/PRACE workshop on data management use cases
SA1.4 Central tools
- Several sites republishing old data with UserDNs.
- Temporary glitch with portal corrupted the tier2 topology and hence the monthly Tier2 report to WLCG. Seems to fix itself.
- NGI_CH started publishing in production from two ARC sites via SGAS..
- A new site in OSG highlighted a sub-optimal synchronisation with REBUS in the new publishing route.
- Shopping list meeting to prioritise requests for GGUS on Wed, Oct. 10th
- Preparing next release on 2012-10-24
- published newsletter
- generated tickets for obsolete s/w
- regular ticket handling, (unknown,a/r, RPI and top-bdii)
- preparation COD F2F
- preparation COD-COO phone conf
SA1.8 Availability and core services
- followup of underperforming sites, new automated procedure for followup of underperforming sites
- restructuring of the operations wiki space
- ongoing work on EGI OLA
- ongoing work on RC certyfication procedure: adding comments from UNICORE and Globus
- PRACE/EGI/community meeting on data management (November/beginning of December)