Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|EGI Inspire Main page
|Inspire reports menu:
|SA1 weekly Reports •
|SA1 Task QR Reports •
|NGI QR Reports •
|NGI QR User support Reports
Progress of SA1 issues
(SA1) PQ8 Grid software maintenance and support
- MS421: completed external review
- D4.6 Operations Architecture: external review in progress.
- D4.7 Sustainability assessment of operational services. Collection of material about NGI operations completed, preparation of pdf report for Council validation. Assessment of global services started.
SA1.1 Activity Management
- assessment of status and requirements of relocatable tarballs for WN and UI, submission of requirement and assessment of progress of readiness for SHA-2 (EMI)
- discussion of future VOMS support for OPS with CERN
- ops VO management
- VO registration management
- Follow up with an issue with SAM WN probes
- Unsupported MW retirement: assessment of progresses in automatic monitoring and definition of the workflow
- Preparation of the EGI Core services availability tables
- EGI Operations meeting: chaired and agenda preparation
- Attended Fedcloud TF
- EGI CSIRT meeting
- tuning/bug fixing of security dashboard and underlying nagios probes for monitoring of unsupported gLite 3.1/3.2 software across the infrastructure. Monitoring has started, results available from the Dashboard, COD have started submitting tickets agains the sites
- assessment of duties and effort for EGI IRTF activities (global task assessment)
- OoD reported a quiet week
- request of documentation of security processes involving OSG and EGI
- SVG handled some reported issues
- preparation of slides for GDB meeting
SA1.3 Staged rollout
- UMD 2.2.0 release today: products part of this release UMD-2:UMD-2.2.0
- UMD 1.9.0 release under preparation, i.e., most products under the SW provisioning workflow.
- The release date is now settled to 29 October.
- One important update for MPI is expected in the EMI October release.
- Early Adopter table has been updated, several EAs passing from EMI1 to EMI2 components.
- Polling sites and communities for the new products from EMI and IGE that have no early adopters.
- Start preparation of UMD 2.3.0, release date not yet decided.
- assessment of integration of QCG
- accounting: currently waiting for a solution allowing a site to publish jobs through the legacy APEL client and summaries via the QCG publisher.
- information publishing: QCG software currently not publishing into BDII
- GGUS SU requested for QCG to be released with the next GGUS update
- monitoring: expected to be completed with release of SAM Update 19 (validation is ongoing)
SA1.4 Central tools
- By the end of Tuesday 23 NGIs have deployed SAM Update-17.
- Issue with Update-17 and SL6 WN has been detected: https://tomtools.cern.ch/jira/browse/SAM-2999
- Help with MW monitoring instance setup
- Started CAR discussion to check on whether the discussion had converged. Agreed with A Guarise that we could work with the existing document but this stimulated a new discussion within EMI and there has been another iteration. Pressure from Unicore to adopt RFC2253 instead of the X500 naming of DNs.
- Ready to move Italy, Nordugrid and SWITCH to the new SSM publishing. Delayed a week due to staff absences. MAPPER records tested OK. Need agreement on how to handle sites publishing with both QCG and EMI.
- Raised level of support traffic due to sites wanting to start publishing UserDNs and those wanting to republish old jobs with UserDNs.
- CERN agreed to start publishing UserDNs
- Planning for next meeting of the GGUS Advisory Group ongoing
- Small bug fixes after 2012-09-26 release
- Preparing for the next release 2012-10-24
- organised COD phone conf
- writing October newsletter
- developed workinstruction for ROD for the new A/R alarms
- handling of A/R,RPI,Unknown,top-BDII GGUS tickets
- glite-3.1/glite-3.2 GGUS tickets
- Merged TPM/DMSU operational, INFN has taken over TPM duties permanently, no issues reported
|DMSU tickets flow Sep 30 -- Oct 6
|back to tpm
|reassigned to 3rd level
|open DMSU tickets status
|waiting for reply
- F2F Meeting at CERN with HEPiX IPv6 WG 4-5 October
- Included site CERN in IPv6 global testbed
- Included GARR servers in the CERN NAGIOS pages
- Agreed next steps to include additional sites
SA1.8 Availability and core services
- Ongoing comments and additions to the EGI.eu OLA document to be presented during the upcoming OMB in October (in collaboration with EGI.eu Operations Officer)
- Communications of migration of DTEAM VO from VOMRS to VOMS
- Publication of availability/reliability reports for EGI for September 2012
- Revision of documentation wiki space structure
- ongoing work on EGI OLA
- ongoing work on EGI Forum tool
- PRACE/EGI/community meeting on data management (October/beginning of November)