|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
SA1 weekly report
Progress of SA1 issues
(SA1) PQ8 Grid software maintenance and support
- MS421: completed external review
- D4.6 Operations Architecture: external review in progress.
SA1.1 Activity Management
- assessment of status and requirements of relocatable tarballs for WN and UI, submission of requirement and assessment of progress of readiness for SHA-2 (EMI)
- discussion of future VOMS support for OPS with CERN
- ops VO management
- VO registration management
- Follow up with an issue with SAM WN probes
- Unsupported MW retirement: assessment of progresses in automatic monitoring and definition of the workflow
- Preparation of the EGI Core services availability tables
- EGI Operations meeting: chaired and agenda preparation
- Attended Fedcloud TF
- EGI CSIRT meeting
- tuning/bug fixing of security dashboard and underlying nagios probes for monitoring of unsupported gLite 3.1/3.2 software across the infrastructure
- assessment of duties and effort for EGI IRTF activities (global task assessment)
- request of documentation of security processes involving OSG and EGI
- preparation of slides for GDB meeting
SA1.3 Staged rollout
- UMD 2.2.0 release today: products part of this release https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/UMD-2:UMD-2.2.0
- UMD 1.9.0 release under preparation, i.e., most products under the SW provisioning workflow.
- The release date is now settled to 29 October.
- One important update for MPI is expected in the EMI October release.
- Early Adopter table has been updated, several EAs passing from EMI1 to EMI2 components.
- Polling sites and communities for the new products from EMI and IGE that have no early adopters.
- Start preparation of UMD 2.3.0, release date not yet decided.
- assessment of integration of QCG
- accounting: currently waiting for a solution allowing a site to publish jobs through the legacy APEL client and summaries via the QCG publisher.
- information publishing: QCG software currently not publishing into BDII
- GGUS SU:...
- monitoring: expected to be completed with release of SAM Update 19 (validation is ongoing)
SA1.4 Central tools
- Started CAR discussion to check on whether the discussion had converged. Agreed with A Guarise that we could work with the existing document but this stimulated a new discussion within EMI and there has been another iteration. Pressure from Unicore to adopt RFC2253 instead of the X500 naming of DNs.
- Ready to move Italy, Nordugrid and SWITCH to the new SSM publishing. Delayed a week due to staff absences. MAPPER records tested OK. Need agreement on how to handle sites publishing with both QCG and EMI.
- Raised level of support traffic due to sites wanting to start publishing UserDNs and those wanting to republish old jobs with UserDNs.
- CERN agreed to start publishing UserDNs
- Planning for next meeting of the GGUS Advisory Group ongoing
- Small bug fixes after 2012-09-26 release
- Preparing for the next release 2012-10-24
- organised COD phone conf
- writing October newsletter
- developed workinstruction for ROD for the new A/R alarms
- handling of A/R,RPI,Unknown,top-BDII GGUS tickets
- glite-3.1/glite-3.2 GGUS tickets
- Merged TPM/DMSU operational
SA1.8 Availability and core services
- Ongoing comments and additions to the EGI.eu OLA document to be presented during the upcoming OMB in October (in collaboration with EGI.eu Operations Officer)
- Communications of migration of DTEAM VO from VOMRS to VOMS
- Publication of availability/reliability reports for EGI for September 2012
- Revision of documentation wiki space structure
- ongoing work on EGI OLA
- ongoing work on EGI Forum tool
- PRACE/EGI/community meeting on data management (October/beginning of November)