Difference between revisions of "EGI-InSPIRE:Sa1 2012-09-11"

From EGIWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Software Support)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{Template:Op menubar}}
+
{{Template:Op menubar}} {{TOC_right}}  
{{TOC_right}}
 
  
SA1 weekly report
+
SA1 weekly report  
  
=Progress of SA1 issues=  
+
=Progress of SA1 issues= <!-- T. Ferrari -->  
<!-- T. Ferrari -->
 
  
=Milestones/Deliverables=
+
=Milestones/Deliverables= <!-- T. Ferrari -->  
<!-- T. Ferrari -->
 
* MS421: waiting for external reviews to be submitted. Feedback expected on Wed 12/09.
 
  
=SA1.1 Activity Management=
+
*MS421: waiting for external reviews to be submitted. Feedback expected on Wed 12/09.
<!-- S. Burke, T. Ferrari,  M. Krakowian, P. Solagna -->
 
  
Meetings: f2f JRA1 meeting in Karlsruhe
+
=SA1.1 Activity Management= <!-- S. Burke, T. Ferrari, M. Krakowian, P. Solagna -->
* Preparing the information system workshop agenda for the Technical Forum
 
* review of GLUE 2 EGI profile, discussion of software version publication with WLCG
 
* assessment of desktop infrastructures being run in production
 
* Attended the Federated Cloud Task Force Meeting, assessment of the status of the information system
 
* Chaired EGI Operations Meeting and agenda preparation
 
* Preparation of the AAI workshop in collaboration with SA2.5
 
* Final tuning of the middleware track for the TF2012
 
* Follow up of the currently monitored vulnerabilities
 
* Follow up of one issue with the accounting system for sites with hybrid middleware (gLite-ARC)
 
  
=SA1.2 Security=
+
Meetings: f2f JRA1 meeting in Karlsruhe
* Run SSC6, security drill using VO-CMS resources, including EGI, WLCG and OSG sites.
 
* Prepare for TF 2012 (CSIRT meeting and security training)
 
* SVG - discussion of a new vulnerability
 
  
<!-- D. Kelsey -->
+
*Preparing the information system workshop agenda for the Technical Forum
 +
*review of GLUE 2 EGI profile, discussion of software version publication with WLCG
 +
*assessment of desktop infrastructures being run in production
 +
*Attended the Federated Cloud Task Force Meeting, assessment of the status of the information system
 +
*Chaired EGI Operations Meeting and agenda preparation
 +
*Preparation of the AAI workshop in collaboration with SA2.5
 +
*Final tuning of the middleware track for the TF2012
 +
*Follow up of the currently monitored vulnerabilities
 +
*Follow up of one issue with the accounting system for sites with hybrid middleware (gLite-ARC)
  
= SA1.3 Staged rollout =
+
= SA1.2 Security =
*Staged rollout status presented at the Ops meeting.
 
*Fast preparation and provisioning of UMD2.1.1 containing bug fix of https://ggus.eu/tech/ticket_show.php?ticket=84509
 
**Release almost ready for announcement: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/UMD-2:UMD-2.1.1
 
*Manual monitoring of the info system for the WMS and CEs
 
**https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/WMS_Monitor
 
**https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/CE_Monitor
 
*Staged rollout reports done are now showed in:
 
**http://www.lip.pt/computing/apps/EGI_EA/index.php?option=1
 
**Useful to get the metrics for the Quarterly Reports.
 
<!-- M. David, J. Pina -->
 
  
=SA1.3 Integration=
+
*Run SSC6, security drill using VO-CMS resources, including EGI, WLCG and OSG sites.
<!-- E. Imamagic, M. Krakowian from Nov 2012 -->
+
*Prepare for TF 2012 (CSIRT meeting and security training)
 +
*SVG - discussion of a new vulnerability
 +
 
 +
<!-- D. Kelsey -->
 +
 
 +
= SA1.3 Staged rollout  =
 +
 
 +
*Staged rollout status presented at the Ops meeting.
 +
*Fast preparation and provisioning of UMD2.1.1 containing bug fix of https://ggus.eu/tech/ticket_show.php?ticket=84509
 +
**Release almost ready for announcement: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/UMD-2:UMD-2.1.1
 +
*Manual monitoring of the info system for the WMS and CEs
 +
**https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/WMS_Monitor
 +
**https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/CE_Monitor
 +
*Staged rollout reports done are now showed in:
 +
**http://www.lip.pt/computing/apps/EGI_EA/index.php?option=1
 +
**Useful to get the metrics for the Quarterly Reports. <!-- M. David, J. Pina -->
 +
 
 +
=SA1.3 Integration= <!-- E. Imamagic, M. Krakowian from Nov 2012 -->  
  
 
*Globus integration task force meeting:  
 
*Globus integration task force meeting:  
**agenda: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1152 (uploaded minutes)
+
**agenda: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1152 (uploaded minutes)  
**updated action points on [[Globus integration task force|wiki page]].
+
**updated action points on [[Globus integration task force|wiki page]].  
 
*UNICORE integration task force meeting:  
 
*UNICORE integration task force meeting:  
**agenda: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1151
+
**agenda: https://indico.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1151  
 
**updated action points on [[UNICORE integration task force|wiki page]].
 
**updated action points on [[UNICORE integration task force|wiki page]].
  
=SA1.4 Central tools=  
+
=SA1.4 Central tools= <!--E. Imamagic -->  
<!--E. Imamagic -->
 
  
 
*By the end of Tuesday 13 NGIs have deployed SAM Update-17. There were few issues reported:  
 
*By the end of Tuesday 13 NGIs have deployed SAM Update-17. There were few issues reported:  
**ARC sites which use VO_FQAN require to add it to configuration file, see [https://tomtools.cern.ch/confluence/display/SAM/SAM+setup+for+ARC+services documentation]
+
**ARC sites which use VO_FQAN require to add it to configuration file, see [https://tomtools.cern.ch/confluence/display/SAM/SAM+setup+for+ARC+services documentation]  
**UNICORE configuration changes, see [https://tomtools.cern.ch/confluence/display/SAM/SAM+setup+for+UNICORE+services documentation]
+
**UNICORE configuration changes, see [https://tomtools.cern.ch/confluence/display/SAM/SAM+setup+for+UNICORE+services documentation]  
* Added three new sites for user services to EGI.eu:
+
*Added three new sites for user services to EGI.eu:  
** GRIDOPS-APPDB (https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=View_Object&object_id=116402&grid_id=0)
+
**GRIDOPS-APPDB (https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=View_Object&amp;object_id=116402&amp;grid_id=0)  
** GRIDOPS-CRM (https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=View_Object&object_id=116398&grid_id=0)
+
**GRIDOPS-CRM (https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=View_Object&amp;object_id=116398&amp;grid_id=0)  
** GRIDOPS-TMP (https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=View_Object&object_id=116407&grid_id=0)
+
**GRIDOPS-TMP (https://goc.egi.eu/portal/index.php?Page_Type=View_Object&amp;object_id=116407&amp;grid_id=0)  
* Preparing survey for deployment of regionalized tool instances.
+
*Preparing survey for deployment of regionalized tool instances.  
*Agreed to accept Globus tests into Operations Portal starting from October 1st 2012.
+
*Agreed to accept Globus tests into Operations Portal starting from October 1st 2012.  
* Agreed on final version FedCloud monitoring before the TF demo (https://test30.egi.cesga.es/nagios/):
+
*Agreed on final version FedCloud monitoring before the TF demo (https://test30.egi.cesga.es/nagios/):  
** Accounting probe should raise error in case when accounting is missing completely, stale records should return OK
+
**Accounting probe should raise error in case when accounting is missing completely, stale records should return OK  
** Waiting for new version of OpenStack-compatible OCCI probe for OpenStack based RPs
+
**Waiting for new version of OpenStack-compatible OCCI probe for OpenStack based RPs
 +
 
 +
=SA1.5 Accounting= <!--J. Gordon-->
 +
 
 +
*Deployed test consumers and databases for XML versions of CAR and StAR.
 +
*Participated in unicore and globus interoperations meetings.
 +
*Reinvigorated testing of SSM publishing from Italy, SGAS (SWITCH and Finland), and MAPPER.
 +
*SWITCH publishing their SGAS to APEL has highlighted an issue with sites publishing by multiple routes. One site runs and ARC CE published via SGAS and a CREAM CE published via apel client. Solution will appear but need a temporary workaround.
 +
 
 +
=SA1.6 Helpdesk= <!-- T. Antoni --> Kickoff of GGUS advisory group
 +
 
 +
= SA1.7 Support =
 +
 
 +
== grid oversight  ==
 +
 
 +
*COD phone conf
 +
*Ticket handling
 +
*preparations for TF12
 +
 
 +
== network support  ==
  
=SA1.5 Accounting=
+
I have further proceeded in the IPv6 testing of DPM server and already published a first part of the outcome on the report section of the wiki on
<!--J. Gordon-->
 
* Deployed test consumers and databases for XML versions of CAR and StAR.
 
* Participated in unicore and globus interoperations meetings.
 
* Reinvigorated testing of SSM publishing from Italy, SGAS (SWITCH and Finland), and MAPPER.
 
* SWITCH publishing their SGAS to APEL has highlighted an issue with sites publishing by multiple routes. One site runs and ARC CE published via SGAS and a CREAM CE published via apel client. Solution will appear but need a temporary workaround.
 
  
=SA1.6 Helpdesk=
+
https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/IPv6TestReportGliteDPM
<!-- T. Antoni -->
 
Kickoff of GGUS advisory group
 
  
=SA1.7 Support=
+
I also have started installing and configuring both WMS server and LFC file catalogue
== grid oversight ==
 
* COD phone conf
 
* Ticket handling
 
* preparations for TF12
 
  
== network support ==
+
I just started as well to test CREAM CE and report on https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/IPv6TestReportGliteCreamCE
I have further proceeded in the IPv6 testing of DPM server and already published a first part of the outcome on the report section of the wiki on
 
  
https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/IPv6TestReportGliteDPM
+
== software support == <!-- A Krenek -->
  
I also have started installing and configuring both WMS server and LFC file catalogue
+
= SA1.8 Availability and core services= <!--C. Kanellopoulos-->
  
I just started as well to test CREAM CE and report on https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/IPv6TestReportGliteCreamCE
+
* Reviewed comments received for EGI OLA
 +
* Published the EGI Availability and Reliability Reports for August 2012
  
== software support ==
+
== Documentation == <!-- M. Krakowian -->  
<!-- A Krenek -->
 
  
=SA1.8 Availability and core services=
+
*review of site certification procedure to meet requirements from UNICORE and GLOBUS
<!--C. Kanellopoulos-->
+
*review of draft procedure for site renaming
 +
*extension of MAN01 for publication of GLUE 2 information into site BDII (work in progress)
 +
*review of VO registration procedure, taking into account EGI CSIRT input
  
== Documentation ==
+
= Meetings =
<!-- M. Krakowian -->
 
* review of site certification procedure to meet requirements from UNICORE and GLOBUS
 
* review of draft procedure for site renaming
 
* extension of MAN01 for publication of GLUE 2 information into site BDII (work in progress)
 
* review of VO registration procedure, taking into account EGI CSIRT input
 
  
= Meetings=
 
 
<!--all-->
 
<!--all-->

Revision as of 22:33, 11 September 2012

Main EGI.eu operations services Support Documentation Tools Activities Performance Technology Catch-all Services Resource Allocation Security



SA1 weekly report

Progress of SA1 issues

Milestones/Deliverables

  • MS421: waiting for external reviews to be submitted. Feedback expected on Wed 12/09.

SA1.1 Activity Management

Meetings: f2f JRA1 meeting in Karlsruhe

  • Preparing the information system workshop agenda for the Technical Forum
  • review of GLUE 2 EGI profile, discussion of software version publication with WLCG
  • assessment of desktop infrastructures being run in production
  • Attended the Federated Cloud Task Force Meeting, assessment of the status of the information system
  • Chaired EGI Operations Meeting and agenda preparation
  • Preparation of the AAI workshop in collaboration with SA2.5
  • Final tuning of the middleware track for the TF2012
  • Follow up of the currently monitored vulnerabilities
  • Follow up of one issue with the accounting system for sites with hybrid middleware (gLite-ARC)

SA1.2 Security

  • Run SSC6, security drill using VO-CMS resources, including EGI, WLCG and OSG sites.
  • Prepare for TF 2012 (CSIRT meeting and security training)
  • SVG - discussion of a new vulnerability


SA1.3 Staged rollout

SA1.3 Integration

SA1.4 Central tools

SA1.5 Accounting

  • Deployed test consumers and databases for XML versions of CAR and StAR.
  • Participated in unicore and globus interoperations meetings.
  • Reinvigorated testing of SSM publishing from Italy, SGAS (SWITCH and Finland), and MAPPER.
  • SWITCH publishing their SGAS to APEL has highlighted an issue with sites publishing by multiple routes. One site runs and ARC CE published via SGAS and a CREAM CE published via apel client. Solution will appear but need a temporary workaround.

=SA1.6 Helpdesk= Kickoff of GGUS advisory group

SA1.7 Support

grid oversight

  • COD phone conf
  • Ticket handling
  • preparations for TF12

network support

I have further proceeded in the IPv6 testing of DPM server and already published a first part of the outcome on the report section of the wiki on

https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/IPv6TestReportGliteDPM

I also have started installing and configuring both WMS server and LFC file catalogue

I just started as well to test CREAM CE and report on https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/IPv6TestReportGliteCreamCE

software support

SA1.8 Availability and core services

  • Reviewed comments received for EGI OLA
  • Published the EGI Availability and Reliability Reports for August 2012

Documentation

  • review of site certification procedure to meet requirements from UNICORE and GLOBUS
  • review of draft procedure for site renaming
  • extension of MAN01 for publication of GLUE 2 information into site BDII (work in progress)
  • review of VO registration procedure, taking into account EGI CSIRT input

Meetings