EGI-InSPIRE:Plan 2012 SA1.4
- 1 Assessment of progress, 2011
- 1.1 Completed activities
- 1.2 Ongoing activities
- 2 Plans for 2012
Assessment of progress, 2011
Migration from gridops.org domain of EGI central tools to egi.eu domain
Migration was successfully finalized on July 4th 2011 when the the decommission of gridops.org domain was performed. Decommission did not cause problems to grid or operational tools or any external system. All EGI central tools are not using egi.eu domain and list can be found on the following page: Tools.
Definition of procedures relevant for operational tools
Two procedures relevant for operational tools were approved at the Operations Management Board on March 15th 2011:
- Adding new probes to SAM (PROC07)
- Management of the EGI OPS Availability and Reliability Profile (PROC08)
One manual relevant for operational tools was accepted at the Operations Management Board on July 26th 2011:
- Tool Intervention Management (MAN04_Tool_Intervention_Management)
Central MyEGI deployement
Central MyEGI instance (http://grid-monitoring.cern.ch/myegi/) was deployed in February 2011 after SAM Update-09 release.
Regionalization of OPS VO
It was agreed that CERN will continue running the VOMRS service and that the management of VO will be transferred to EGI. At the Operations Management Board on January 25th 2011 it was agreed that VO managers will be Emir Imamagic and Peter Solagna. Furthermore since each NGI can have only 2 DNs registered in OPS VO it was decided all VO-related operations will be performed by the two VO managers.
During the 2011 SAM infrastructure was fully distributed. At the end of the year the following SAM/Nagios instances were in production:
- 26 NGI instances covering 37 EGI partners
- 2 ROC instances covering 2 EGI partners
- 1 project instances covering 1 EGI partners
- 3 external ROC instances covering the following regions: Canada, IGALC and LA.
Detailed list of SAM/Nagios instances can be found on the following page: SAM Instances.
Metrics portal reached stable version and it was used in QR6 generation.
Monitoring of operations tools
Development of the new SAM instance for operational tools monitoring started in PQ5. The first step was reorganization of operational tools in the GOCDB:
- all central operational tools are grouped in EGI.eu group
- new service types were added for each operational tool (https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=2587)
- all regional operational tools instances are associated with sites.
Additional details can be found in the following slides: https://www.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=549. This reorganization will enable automatic bootstrap of SAM instance for operational tools and integration with MyEGI web interface and ACE system for A/R calculation.
Reorganization of NGI core services in the GOCDB was proposed at the OMB (https://www.egi.eu/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=615). This reorganization will enable NGI-level A/R calculation.