Back to the AMB wiki home page
NA2.3 Strategic Planning and Policy Support
NA2.5 Technical outreach
- EGI Federated Cloud use case:
- BSIM2 (Portuguese startup company).
- Next Generation Sequencing
- EGI Federated Cloud User Support task force
- identified applications that could go in production by mid of May
- selected a list of possible demos for the next EGI CF 2014
- improved user documentation
- discussed the definition of the features of the EGI service catalogue and marketplace and the integration on the EGI.eu user portal. A new activity involving UCST and Policy team started to define a top-down plan to:
- identify the new model that will include these new services.
- define the development roadmap for the EGI.eu tools to implement this model.
- Preparation for NIL f2f meeting in Helsinki (send out invitations)
- Dissemination meeting with Sara and Neasan (focus on FedCloud launch)
- Prepare UCST input into D2.26
- Lavoisier service investigation to process and provide BDII user related information
- Website tutorial discussions
- Created/tested and published Demo Workflow_TryIt to the SHIWA Repository from the manual
- Materials update for ER-flow website on how to execute Demo Workflow_TryIt
- ER-flow project meeting
- Support Lightening talk for EGI.CF.2014
Major Events Planned
Not many reports came in, likely because everybody is busy with H2020 proposals.
There is also confusion about when mini projects began, and when they ended.
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
- bug fixes, released beta.6
- improved packaging
- polishing the first stable release, scheduled for next week
ToDo for next week
- stable release
- deployment within the EGI FedCloud environment
- preparation for CF 2014
- minor delay, discussions regarding changes in contextualization
- no further delay
TSA4.9 - VAPOR
Project is due to end on 15th of April. As already mentioned previously, the user community features (users database, user's life cycle management) will not be started by the end of the project this time.
- Dark data and lost files handling completed:
- Development has been completed with improvements of errors management and reporting
- It is now deployed on the production instance and available for all supported VOs
- Addition of an home page with links for each supported VO
- In the JobMonitor tabular view, addition of a new feature to display the errors that occurred for each CE queue during the selected period (is case there was at least one error).
Plans for next period
Start migrating the MySQL database of VAPOR from the I3S instance to a MySQL farm of servers of the IN2P3 Computing Center in Lyon.
Main developer, Flavien Forestier will be finishing his contract on April 10th. Passed this date, the project manager Franck Michel, will perform maintenance and bug fixing, but no more new feature will be developed.
Problems we encounter, but can solve
Problems and issues we need external help with
Report: Inspire jra1 2014-04-08