Back to the AMB wiki home page
NA2.3 Strategic Planning and Policy Support
NA2.5 Technical outreach
- Finalizing easy material getting-started and platform pages for ER-flow website for users to access and run workflows without the need of training and support.
- Blocking issues: no way to explain the user what credentials he needs to get to run workflow X associated to DCI X.
- DCI field namings normalization proposed ( also manual fixing of the current workflows in the repository is needed because DCI field is not used)
- Proposed namings to improve the shiwa-portal resource configuration web form (currently it is _very_ misleading; "Type" and "Grid" or "Name" fields are used with values such as: gt2,gt4,glite,gemlca defining the resource or DCI. Proposing few changes: "Type" -> "DCI", if DCI is EGI, then "Grid" -> "VO" and so on.).
- No new suitable events for ER-flow found
- No new related projects to target for ER-flow found
- input for 3rd interim report
Major Events Planned
SA4 (in progress)
- D8.1 initiated
- Includes a full reference of all activities undertaken in the 6/12 months of duration
- Includes a mini project self-appraisal section for each individual mini project
- TOC is available.
TSA4.2 - MOOC
TSA4.3 - Liferay
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
- bug fix releases (up to v4.2.3)
- bug fixes, released beta.3
- native packaging for Debian/CentOS/Scientific Linux (DEB and RPM)
- installation & configuration docs finished (some cosmetic changes needed)
ToDo for next week
- work on additional backends (CloudStack still has the highest priority)
- continue to do quick bug -> bug fix -> another beta release
iterations for rOCCI-server (no major changes, feature freeze)
- CloudStack devs still haven't responded, we will attempt to
port their code ourselves and produce at least a basic (and working) backend for CloudStack
- no delays
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF
TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds
no report given
TSA4.7 - AppDeployment
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities
- We finalized the image scaling facility for the Swift proxy server. Peachnote are now actively using it in their infrastructure. Caching behavior has been improved, scaled versions of images are cached.
- Stress testing of BNCweb use case lead to surprising results. These have been commented by developers of the software. Tests will need to be changed for stress testing the MySQL connection.
Plans for next week
- BNCweb: Additional stress tests for MySQL, as well as finalizing contextualization of the web frontend image and connecting it with the MySQL instances.
- cloud-init for Debian Wheezy needs to be tested also in OS to check that it can retrieve a configuration from the metadata service. Also, the basic configuration should be aligned and documented.
- working with BioVel guys to install their new image on deb7 w/ full cloud-init support
- Preparation of CF14 tutorial
Problems we encountered, but can solve in the mini-project
- No feedback from DesktopGrid community
Problems and issues we need external help with
TSA4.9 - VAPOR
TSA4.10 - CompReports