Back to the AMB wiki home page
- News Items/Articles
- Media mentions
- Yannick interviewed for Primeur magazine
- Attended CloudScapeVI in Brussels
- Human Networks
- Had a meeting with the XSEDE Campus Champions organisers
- Producing a new poster for the biomedical community
- New version of "Why EGI?" ready to be circulated for comments
- Proof-read/provided contributions to the white papers on "Community-driven Innovation & Support", "Federated Operations" and "Federated Cloud".
- Scheduled a webinar on porting applications to the EGI Federated Cloud with Salvatore Pinto
- Other Projects
- Recorded 2nd training video for ENVRI project
- Reviewing position papers for CloudWatch concertation meeting
- Adding APARSEN and CloudWATCH pages to the collaborations section of the website
NA2.3 Strategic Planning and Policy Support
NA2.5 Technical outreach
- Meeting: DRIHM federated cloud use case
- ENVRI knowledge transfer meeting (Reference Model)
- UCB meeting
- Engagement scoping phase (meetings)
- Input for council meeting
- Update NGI engagement tables
- Meetings held:
- Astro community
- CLARIN ESFRI
- Agricultural Sciences
- Federated Cloud: status of use cases
- AppDB: bug issue reported on Weekly news digest
- APARSEN meeting
- Hackathon abstract corrected and updated for EGI CF 2014
- WS-PGRADE developers accepted enhancement to enable support VAPOR white listing in DCI-Bridge
- Finalizing on getting-started and platform pages for ER-flow website
- OMB disseminated Nagios instance request for shiwa-workflow.eu to NGIs
- Discussions about Enhancement: SHIWA repo should provide listing by DCIs, but if that field should be mandatory and workflow developer should set it.
- ST weekly call
- Manage BioVeL / EGI monitoring meeting
Major Events Planned
TSA4.2 - MOOC
no report given
TSA4.3 - Liferay
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
- released packages for Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 6, Debian 7, CentOS/SL 5 and CentOS/SL 6
- available from the EGI AppDB
- bug fixes
- working on installation & configuration docs
- ToDo for next week
- work on additional backends (CloudStack has the highest priority)
- continue to do quick bug -> bug fix -> another beta release iterations for rOCCI-server
- CloudStack devs still haven't responded, we don't have a concrete timeline for the CloudStack backend yet
- no further delay
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF
TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds
TSA4.7 - AppDeployment
- Adding user account management in the front-end.
- Continue with improvements on front-end design
- Writing documentation so other people can use the service.
Plans for next week
- Start reaching other communities.
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities
- On request of the Peachnote community, we developed an automatic image scaling facility for the Swift proxy server, allowing to request scaled versions of sheet music images. Some safe-guards to protect the server have been implemented. We also deployed a cache to avoid having to scale the same images to the same sizes repeatedly. Deployment is available in a testing environment.
- Discussions with BNCweb about stress testing the MySQL server. We received two queries to create load on the server.
Plans for next week
- Deploy Peachnote image scaling on a real Swift endpoint.
- Test the BNCweb queries mentioned above in an environment hiding the MySQL servers behind mysql-proxy for load balancing.
- work on full contextualization of BNCweb application, i.e. configure mysql-proxy and web server
- cloud-init for Debian Wheezy needs to be tested also in OS to check that it can retrieve a configuration from the metadata service. Also, the basic configuration should be aligned and documented.
Problems we encountered, but can solve in the mini-project
- No feedback from DesktopGrid community
TSA4.9 - VAPOR
TSA4.10 - CompReports
TSA4.12 - AllocateFedRes
Report: Inspire jra1 2014-03-04