Back to the AMB wiki home page
NA2.3 Strategic Planning and Policy Support
NA2.5 Technical outreach
- Update of Engagement strategy (input from Lagana, Legre, DK NIL)
- VT scoping teleconference Genome analysis, proteine folding; Notes and actions in a googledoc: https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/VT_GAPF
- Work on materials about two of the EGI solutions with the policy team (Comm. driven innovation; Community networks
- Teleconference with the eWaterCycle and DRIHM projects to identify collaboration opportunities
- Promote the March workshop through NILs, to BioVeL and ER-flow
- Data SC, Cloud SC telcon
- Prepare and send TNA2.5 input for QR15
- Arrange a teleconference with the BioMedBridges/ELIXIR registry team (to be held on the 20th)
- Formally close the CTA VT and ELIXIR VTs (update wiki pages)
- Review and then send SCI-BUS MoU draft to CTA
- Teleconference with EarthServer to identify collaboration opportunities
- Teleconference with EUDAT to identify collaboration opportunities
- Preparation of a hackathon abstract for the EGI CF
- shiwa-workflow.eu VO is enabled at VAPOR (REF: https://operations-portal.egi.eu/vapor/vapor-jobMonStatusPerDateDyGraph?vo=shiwa-workflow.eu)
- Investigating SSP submission service for using VAPOR white list of resources
- Investigating job submission failure from SSP using shiwa-workflow.eu VO (works fine from gLite UI, but not from SSP portal)
- Getting-started page for ER-flow website (presenting the available services for the users)
- Status meeting with Nuno and Salvatore, preparation for BioVeL Strategy meeting
Major Events Planned
- (Gergely) BioVeL Strategy Workshop, 12-14.02.2014, Finland
- (Gergely) BioMedBridges AGM and mid-term review, 10-12.03.2014, Florence
- (Gergely) ER-flow project meeting, 8-10.04.2014, Trieste
- Progressing with restructuring of the Authorization (AuthZ) mechanism of the AppDB.
The new AuthZ will be based on user/group permission set, adjustable per register software item or virtual appliance.
These developments are expected to be released in the AppDB development instance  by the end of the week. After testing will be pushed to production (next week).
- Next step, will be implementing a privacy for the registered Virtual Appliances (VAs). This feature will have an impact to a subset of VA metadata that are/will be characterized as 'sensitive/private'.
SA4 (in progress)
TSA4.1 - Management
- weekly reports
- Initiating news and dissemination of mini project outcomes (VAPOR & MOOC)
TSA4.2 - MOOC
TSA4.3 - Liferay
- Continuing evaluation of Liferay v6.2
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
- bugfix releases 4.2.8 and 4.2.9
- testing RC2 (improved logging)
- testing RC2 (fixed a contextualization bug reported by Björn)
- local infrastructure upgraded, installing an instance for public beta (within FedCloud, w/ VOMS auth)
- working on installation & configuration docs
ToDo for next week
- give FedCloud members a chance to test the new rOCCI-server installed at CESNET
- release stable versions of rOCCI-api and rOCCI-cli
- in parallel, continue working on the rOCCI framework
- None (yet :-))
- Still approx. one month (== Florian's contribution), no further delay
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF
- finishing development and testing of 0.2 version (openstack support + bugfixes), eta end of testing/release - tonight/tomorrow
- progress on swagger API/client
- discussion with Synnefo about integration of their storage component
Plans for the next period
- release of 0.2 version with bugfixes + openstack support
- release of a stoxy swagger UI
- extension of stoxy to export supported keystone instance as part of the www-authentication header
- expansion of cdmi probe/libcdmi based on discussion in the mailing list
Problems we encounter, but can solve
- 1.1 month delay caused by effort rescheduling
TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds
TSA4.7 - AppDeployment
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities
TSA4.9 - VAPOR
- VO shiwa-workflow.eu now enabled in VAPOR. This second VO helps find a few bugs in the multi-VO management. This should be easier when opening to other VOs.
- Keep on the development of the handling of dark data and lost files: make a difference between LFC and SE files using SE and LFC file dumps, progress on web reports publication.
- Continue the investigation about high error rates of VAPOR's JobMonitor against the Nagios alarms as no significant decrease of the errors have been seen follow the fixing of several issues during the last periods).
- New issue found: JSAVA input/output files are not transfered properly on some computing elements. Under investigation.
Plans for next period
- Keep on the development of the handling of dark data and lost files: web reports, GridFTP access.
- Re-check the results of the JobMonitor against the Nagios alarms to see if JobMonitor does no longer fail where Nagios probes work (follow-up of the issue fixed during the last period).
Problems we encounter, but can solve
We cannot get sufficient information as to how to build the URL that allows to access a Storage Element with gsiftp protocol. This is needed to complete the feature about Dark data and lost files. It is surprisingly difficult to find out what information to use from a top BDII to build this URL. Action: we have discussions with GFAL2 API developers about this, but they not GridFTP experts. A discussion with some french site admins did not help much. Now going to GGUS: https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=101086
Problems and issues we need external help with
TSA4.10 - CompReports
TSA4.12 - AllocateFedRes