|EGI Inspire Main page|
Back to the AMB wiki home page
- Progress on Milestones & Deliverables
- Major work done during the past week by task
TNA1.1 Activity management
- Project extension approved, DoW and budget revised
TNA1.2 Project and consortium management
- Council fees for Bulgaria and Romania for 2013 confirmed
- Signed invoices issued, payments being tracked
- Effort allocations for PY5 circulated to PMB
TNA1.4 Quality assurance
- Project level metrics to be related to the human networks impact Through White Papers
- Communications white papers reviewed
- minutes of meeting on 10 January
- next PC meeting being agreed
- updating of room allocation table, Conference Overview table, Collocated events, keynote speakers,
- registration page being reviewed
- News Items/Articles
- Worked on 2014 budget for events, including 4 scientific-discipline specific events
- Reworking the layout of the "Why EGI?" document
- Planning CF BoA layout etc
- Started work on Annual Report
- Planning a Solutions material portfolio, including posters, brochures and white papers
- ENVRI webinar on Federated Cloud was cancelled due to illness, working on rescheduling
- Other Projects
- Working with EDGeS@home on a relaunch/rename with tighter communications coordination with EGI
- Working with Trust-IT on the CloudWATCH concertation meeting
- Rory now in the office
- Met Ramses from Een van de Jongens about getting the general EGI video finished
NA2.3 Strategic Planning and Policy Support
Major work done
- Pay for Use: updated wiki page section with initial work plan, prepared kick-off meeting date and agenda and send invitations (https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/EGI_Pay-for-Use_PoC)
- Solutions White Papers: handed over coordination to Javier, 3 full draft ready to be reviewed, federated cloud to be extracted from strategic paper, high-throughput data analysis delayed to 7/2 due to holiday period;
- EGICF14: submitted abstracts and attended PC call
- submitted two new requirements for the e-grant tool (adoption of scientific discipline classification and permanent EGI URL)
- deliverables/milestones: planned authors/reviewers/moderator for current quarter
- Inspired newsletter: planned contribution from SPT (1 article as output of info day on CEF)
Major Events Attended
- (Carmela) Helix Nebula FitSM Workshop (training + implementation)
Major Events Planned
- (Sergio) Info Day on Connecting Europe Facility, 15-16.01.2014, Luxembourg
- (Sergio) Helix Nebula/EUDAT Meeting, 21.01.2014, CERN
- (Carmela) CloudScape VI, 24-25.02.2014, Brussels
- (Sy, Sergio?) FedSM Working Meeting, 29-31.01.2014, Barcelona
- (Sergio, Carmela) Info Days on Research Infrastructure WP, 13-14.20.2014, Brussels
NA2.4 Community Outreach
NA2.5 Technical outreach
- Subscribed all the DCC members to the mailing list
- myproxy.egi.eu/SSO support (REF: https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=95146)
- DIRAC 4 EGI meetings (communities, NGIs)
- Assess new AppDB features (AuthN)
- FedCloud use cases: review pending actions meeting
- Arrange meetings between Hexaa (Geant3+) and WeNMR and StarNet (EGI) (Attribute authority in identity federations)
- Write EGI Outreach strategy document (sent to AMB, press, ucst. Will be circulated more broadly next week)
- Submit three CF session contributions:
- Emerging Communities
- User Training - Getting started with the European Grid Infrastructure
- Outreach meeting (the used to be 'NIL meeting')
- CMMST VT - SCI-BUS telcon
- Arrange high level meeting with CTA data management WP leader
- Refactoring tutorials section for ER-flow website.
- Investigating EC projects for ER-flow to target: 2 new projects identified (DR THERAPAT and VP2HF) and added to the ER-flow internal wiki.
- Finding the events for ER-flow collaborators to attend.
- VAPOR task 1: investigation of supported VOs by ER-flow/SCI-BUS
- Work on astro WF leaflet (decisions about content)
- Service portfolio kick-off
- Services monitoring kick-off
- ST-weekly meeting
- EGI infrastructure meeting
- Planning for EGI CF2014
Major Events Planned
- (Nuno) 2nd LifeWatch Operational/Working Meeting, 3-4.02.2014, Granada
- SA2 weekly call
- URT meeting chaired and agenda preparation
- Coordination of the UMD release
- Assessment of the openssl v1.0.1 issue (backward incompatibility) status.
TSA4.1 - Management
weekly report collection
TSA4.2 - MOOC
We're getting at the end of the MOOC course. So we're mostly wrapping up: - recorded last video - put the final assignment online - started checking the results of the quizes
In the coming weeks we'll create a presentation and small report about our findings.
TSA4.3 - Liferay
INFN finished work SZTAKI finished work CESNET continuing evaluation of the new version 6.2 of Liferay
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
Reported at the FedCLoud F2F meeting
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF
- first alpha release and outreach to the additional deployment sites. - working on the 0.2 version (bugfixes + openstack support) - chat with dcache/desy and David about their connection to EGI Fedcloud TF - eudat api/cdmi working group contributions - more details tomorrow/ - working on swagger-based API/UI for Stoxy, preliminary code is up, stoxy specific - ETA is 1-2 weeks, Getting an 'openstack release' out is with a higher priority.
TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds
no report given
TSA4.7 - AppDeployment
Exceptionally bi-weekly reporting
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities
TSA4.9 - VAPOR
During this long period, rather few has happened due to the Christmas vacation (main developer was on leave from Dec. 9th to Jan 2nd).
Nevertheless, a first version of VAPOR has been finalized and set on line on Dec. 22nd 2013: https://operations-portal.egi.eu/vapor/vapor-jobMonStatusPerDateDyGraph?vo=biomed It supports the biomed VO, and the biomed technical support team is now encouraged to use it. The web application is hosted as the Computing Center in Lyon (IN2P3), while the data collecting services are hosted at the production server in I3S in Sophia Antipolis.
Other tasks performed:
- new release of the JobMonitor deployed. It fixes flaws and simplifies the configuration.
- new release of the Lavoisier data integration service deployed. Comes with several important optimizations and bug fixes.
- Complete the integration of the Running Ratio feature: initially it required the data to be located on the same server as the webapp, now data is exploited remotely.
- Misc. other bug fixes and improvements.
- Important rework of the VAPOR Install and Configuration guide.
Plans for next period
- Investigate a problem of too long delay in the computing of the white list of CEs (2 to 3 minutes depending on parameters).
- Code cleanness: improve insufficient comments in the code, clean up unneeded files and properties.
- Start the development of the next Data Management feature: handling of dark data and lost files.
Problems we encounter, but can solve
Problems and issues we need external help with
TSA4.10 - CompReports
[Sync] Added license text to all code artifacts [Sync] Fixed bug causing missing dates for some sites in November results [CompEng] Added support the use of custom factors in the Availability Profiles [CompEng] In progress: Support the use of Availability Profiles in the computations [CompEng] In progress: Investigate the compute requirements for A/R [WebAPI] Added license text to all code artifacts [WebUI] In progress: Web page to compare the results between CERN and us at any time [Ops] In progress: Automation of the packaging [Ops] Finished packaging of the WebAPI [Ops] In progress: Installation of Lavoisier on ~okeanos [Ops] In progress: Automate the execution of the A/R computations [Ops] In progress: Installation guide
Plans for next sprint
[CompEng] Local executions of calculation [CompEng] Added license text [CompEng] Support the use of Availability Profiles in the computations [CompEng] Investigate the compute requirements for A/R [WebUI] Web page to compare the results between CERN and us at any time [WebUI] Enable invalidation of caches via the programmatic interface [Ops] Automation of the packaging [Ops] Installation of Lavoisier on ~okeanos [Ops] Automate the execution of the A/R computations [Ops] Installation guide
Problems we encountered, but can solve:
Problems and issues we need external help with
TSA4.12 - AllocateFedRes
no report given
Report: Inspire jra1 2014-01-14