Back to the AMB wiki home page
- Effort focused on H2020 workshop:
- hosting and detailed management / problem resolution for 132 participants
- mounting of slides, saving to INDICO, ensuring minutes being compiled.
- sett up webex long range presentation.
- pursue dedicated ethernet connection for use at podium.
- distribute minutes for final QA
- Set up post event wash-up teleconf meeting - Emerging Actions
- final travel claim processing (Arnaouti).
- discussions on contributions for CF14
- minutes of 1st meeting
- preparation of Timetable for PC with key dates for LOC
- updating of room allocation table, Conference Overview table, Collocated events, keynote speakers,
- set up Webex and INDICO for 2nd PC meeting
- Formatting compiled report
- Updating / correction of errors and missing information.
- minor issue resolution and forwarding of mail.
- News Items/Articles
- Published news item on H2020 Workshop
- Drafted one on opening submissions for use of the Resource Allocation Pool
- Drafted document on events, collecting contacts and evaluating said
- Human Networks
- Meeting with CRM team about future use of CRM with Research Champions
- Had meeting with Research Champions to discuss plans for 2014
- New design for business cards
- Designed Xmas 2014 card
- Putting together 2014 programme, including the Solutions, AppDB, GLOBUS, ER-Flow & EUDAT
- Other Projects
- Reviewed internal CloudWATCH deliverable
- Meeting with ENVRI about future work and involvement
- Wrote draft for Community networks and support white paper
- Wrote draft for Community-driven innovation white paper
- Had meeting with Rober Lovas and Ad Emmen about future of EDGeS@home
- Distributed Competence Centre (DCC) registry updates (2 new entries)
- Began collecting DCC contacts for a new DCC mailing list (to be setup next week)
- EGI Towards H2020 workshop
- Start the development of the EGI Outreach Strategy (in slides, soon to be in a document)
- Discuss EGI-InSPIRE and ER-flow outreach open tasks with Sara
- Meeting with representatives of APA (Alliance for Permanent Access)
- We are continuing the work towards the restructuring of the authentication mechanism of the AppDB service, in order to support multiple ways (egisso, x509 - for start) of login and be recognized as the same person (with the same privileges no matter the AuthN mechanism he/she used for login).
- under this scope the user will be able to:
- login using both his egisso (if any) and/or personal x509 certificate.
- the above statement implies that multiple account types could be associated with a single AppDB person profile. That said, explicit functionality will be availabe for 'connetcting' his profile with more that one of the supported AuthZ methods. For example, one could login with an egisso, go to his personal preferences dialog and connect his x509 as an alternative way of login. This is true also on the oposite direction, login with x509 and connect your egisso.
- for start, only egisso and x509 will be supported. But the implementation we are following will allow us to add more in the future (i.e. edugain, social, fb, linkedin, g+, etc).
- under this scope the user will be able to:
2. Integration with the operations portal regarding the VO roles (VO manager, VO software admin, etc) is in place. In this way we could extract the info on who has permissions to compile/edit VO-wide image list.
3. Integration with the operations portal regarding the VO membership is on going (waiting feedback from ops portal people). In this way we could implement image/imagelist privacy between VO members.
4. Integration with the GOCDB is ongoing. Having that, the user will be able to restrict access/subscription to an image list only by specific Resource Provider(s)
Fetching the data from the GOCDB we realized that although some of the eu.egi.cloud.vm-management.occi sites are in production they have not fill their DN yet. Is this correct?
(we need this info for fully satisfy the 4th item above)
- refactoring tutorials section on ER-flow website
- write collaboration topics to UniMan & INFN. Connect them to Nuno and Salvatore
- BioVeL: Review and update EGI.eu tasks in Asana
SA4 (in progress)
TSA4.1 - Management
TSA4.2 - MOOC
- Created walkthrough guide for the first three weeks: this should get new participants up and running with the VM and grid certificates. - Created recordings & quiz for week 4, this week includes the Hadoop lecture - Polishing lectures of week 5
TSA4.3 - Liferay
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
- updated rOCCI-api to work with the new rOCCI-core (currently in beta.5)
- about 40 % of rOCCI-cli has already been adapted and partially rewritten to accommodate new functionality (currently in beta.3)
- added support for creating VMs to the OpenNebula backend
- continuously adding docs and unit tests for implemented features
ToDo for next week
- finish up the port of the OpenNebula backend
- implement dynamic linking features (storagelinks & networkinterfaces for running VMs)
- in parallel, continue working on the rOCCI framework
- None (yet :-))
- Still approx. one month (= Florian's contribution), no further delay
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF
TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds
TSA4.7 - AppDeployment
- frontend development and testing it with local phenomenology users - continue testing contextualization for verification
Plans for next week:
- development of fronted - continue testing with local users
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities
TSA4.9 - VAPOR
- All along this period an important work has consisted in the setting up of a production-ready set of VAPOR services, that includes: fine tune logs configuration, configuration of log rotates, firewall configuration, set up of a backup procedure of the VAPOR VM
- Bug fixing on the scan of full storage elements (sort files of expired/suspended users)
- Investigation and fixing of a problem of high CPU consumption of the JobMonitorng tool
- 2 days face-to-face meeting with Operations Portal team (2 and 3 of December), integration of VAPOR with the Operations Portal at the CC IN2P3 (Lyon, France)
- Decision made on where the VAPOR data production services should be hosted, i.e. at I3S or at CC IN2P3
- Installation of the VAPOR webapp on the web server of the CC IN2P3 and link from the Operations Portal. Now accessible for VO biomed only from: https://operations-portal.egi.eu/vapor?vo=biomed
- Address web design and graphical homogeneity issues
- Start migration to Lavoisier 2.1 data integration service (used as third party tool within VAPOR)
Plans for next period
Very few should now happen until the end of the month as the main developer will be on leave from Dec. 9th to 31st.
Problems we encounter, but can solve
Problems and issues we need external help with
TSA4.10 - CompReports
TSA4.12 - AllocateFedRes
Report: Inspire jra1 2013-12-10