Back to the AMB wiki home page
Major work done during the past week by task
- OpenAIRE: provided enumerations for projects, scientific disciplines to be used for the web interface, meeting with Nuno about AppDB/OpenAIRE integration possibilities
- Quarterly Report: drafted content, chased inputs from partners
- EGI tagline: meeting to discuss evolution
- Meeting with German partner on Cloud for manufacturing
- Attended managers meeting
Major Events Attended
- (Sergio, Carmela) ICT2013, 6-8 Nov 2013, Vilnius
Major Events Planned
- (Sergio, Sy, Carmela), EGI workshop, 4-6 Dec 2013, Amsterdam
- (Carmela?) CoPoRi Workshop, 4 Dec 2013, Brussels
- (Sergio?) Helix Nebula F2F Meeting: Suppliers & Users, 4 Dec 2013, Brussels
- The MOOC project is closing in on finishing the online course; the material urgently needs to be reviewed from someone external to SURFsara.
- The rOCCI project is heavily working on a production quality framework and implementation, which includes bug fixes, a well-documented dummy plug-in, general documentation and test coverage.
- The AppDeployment team successfully tested OpenStack Havana release with an OCCI integration, and a CloudInit contextualisation version for RHEL6 based distributions.
- VAPOR is continuing implementing features for VO Data Management capabilities, including reporting and dedicated scanning of Storage elements.
TSA4.1 - Management
- compiling weekly reports
- QR14 assembly (based on summaries of weekly reports) started
- Actions from MS801 review circulated to the shepherds and task leaders
TSA4.2 - MOOC
- Worked on certificate dCache problem; seems to be broader then just dCache. See this ticket for dcache patch: https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=98570 Will be made available today on our dcache instance.
- Ran into issues with installing WS-PGRADE on the MOOC VM, now considering shipping two separate VMs for the MOOC
- Recorded guest lecture in our collaboratorium
- Recording of introduction lecture, will be put online tomorrow
TSA4.3 - Liferay
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF
- extended test coverage to improve QA on rOCCI-core (continuous, right now focusing on Occi::Parser coverage)
- working on a reference backend, towards the first alpha version
- dummy backend 40 % done
- continuously adding docs and unit tests (specs) for implemented features
ToDo for next week
- continue working on rOCCI-server backends
- finish dummy backend
- in parallel, continue extending test coverage on rOCCI framework, primarily rOCCI-core
- Still approx. one month (== Florian's contribution), no further delay
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF
TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds
TSA4.7 - AppDeployment
- OCCI for stable/havana now available
- built and test cloud-init for rhel6 distros rpm
- front-end development
Plans for next week:
- Continue with development of frontend
- adapt SA2 verification as use case
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities
TSA4.9 - VAPOR
- Continued the developments of VO Data Management features: period mostly dedicated to the scan of Storage Elements based on the file catalog
- continued the customization and integration of the tool used to scan storage elements filling up.
- development of web pages to display the reports
- Continue investigation of the use of GFAL2 python and GFAL FS.
Plans for next period
- Still a few developments to do on the scan of storage elements (sort files of expired/suspended users)
- In preparation of the 2 days meeting with Operations Portal team (2 and 3 of December), configure VAPOR services on the dedicated VM deployed recently.
Problems we encountered, but can solve in the mini-project:
Problems and issues we need external help with:
TSA4.10 - CompReports
TSA4.12 - AllocateFedRes