EGI-InSPIRE:Amb 2013-10-29

From EGIWiki
Revision as of 21:14, 29 October 2013 by Mclennan (talk | contribs) (NA1)
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to the AMB wiki home page

Activity Reports

NA1

  • Progress on Milestones & Deliverables

Preparations for the QR14 - template circulated, metrics being collected D4.9 Delivered MS243 Delivered MS801 Reviews completed 29 Oct QA on all outstanding MS and Ds completed.

  • Major work done during the past week by task

Handover notes for Champions, NILs and Webinars progressed and presented.

TNA1.1 Activity management

  • Changes to activity plan to reflect management changes, central budget updates to be finalised
  • Change in NA2 and SA1 work package leaders proposed, PMB feedback needed
  • PO notified of change to Project Director, LEAR being updated

TNA1.2 Project and consortium management

  • Payment schedule for PQ11 and PY3 closing costs prepared and sent to PO for approval
  • Budget for 2014 approved at Council meeting on 24 October, pro forma invoices to be issued
  • Effort allocations to be verified for PY5
  • Offers accepted for Graphic Designer and Outreach Intern
  • Applications closed for Business Development Expert, Technical Outreach Expert and Senior Ops Officer, shortlisting in progress

TNA1.4 Quality assurance

  • QR14 materials and metrics being gathered for 8 November
  • Project level metrics to be related to the human networks impact

NA2

NA2.2

  1. News Items/Articles
  2. Media mentions
  3. Events
    • Materials shipped to SC'13
    • Materials shipped to ICT2013
  4. Human Networks
    • Discussion with GS and PS to define the "Technology Champions"
    • Working through information on NILs from RMcL for full handover
  5. Deliverables/Milestones
    • Working on NA2.2 contribution to MS128 (QR14)
  6. Other
  7. Other Projects
    • Planning future activity for dissemination effort in ENVRI project
    • e-ScienceTalk Dissemination guide was described as "what a useful and practical guide! It is full of tips and pieces of advice on #dissemination. Thanks for sharing"

NA2.3

Major work done during the past week by task

  • Progress on MoU with Helix Nebula presented at the EB and accepted
  • Attended call on AAI and H2020
  • Updated draft on service management plan for EGI.eu (part of FitSM implementation)
  • Planned for ICT2013&e-IRG participatoin

Major Events Attended

  • (Sergio), EGI Council, 24 October 2013, Amsterdam

Major Events Planned

  • (Sy) FedSM 1st Project Review, 29-30 Oct 2013, Bruxelles
  • (Sergio) e-IRG Workshop, 4-5 Nov 2013, Vilnius
  • (Sergio) ICT2013, 6-8 Nov 2013, Vilnius
  • (Sergio, Sy, Carmela), EGI workshop, 4-6 Dec 2013, Amsterdam
  • (Carmela?) CoPoRi Workshop, 4 Dec 2013, Brussels
  • (Sergio?) Helix Nebula F2F Meeting: Suppliers & Users, 4 Dec 2013, Brussels

Technical Outreach to New Communities

UCST

EGI-InSPIRE 2.5

CMMST VT

  • invite ScalaLife (KTH) to contribute
  • invite resercher from STFC (UK) to contribute

CTA Technology study VT: Telelconference. Outcomes:

  • MoU to be signed with SCI-BUS about technology integration between WS-PGRADE and InSilicoLab
  • Topic of VT closing document has been agreed (Gergely to prepare the draft)
  • Invitation sent to CTA to present at the EGI Horizon2020 workshop

ELIXIR VT: Teleconference with ELIXIR director and representatives of CSC and CESNET. Outcomes:

  • Final outcome of the VT will be human network and set of recommendations for EGI
  • Recommednations for EGI has been discussed (Gergely to describe the first draft, then iterate on it with ELIXIR, CSC, CESNET, then publish)

Review MS801 - Report on SA4 mini-projects

Finalise and send out NIL survey (planning for EGI-InSPIRE PY4-5 & H2020)

EUDAT User Forum (Gergely, Monday-Wednesday)

Setup wiki page and email list for new VT "Promoting Desktop Grids"

Support for Globusonline user (REF: https://ggus.eu/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=98416)

BioVeL

ER-flow

  • WP5 ER-flow skype meeting
  • Investigate and identify VRE FP7 projects as outreach target

AppDB (28/10/2013)

  • fixed minor bugs related to the faceted search and to canonical urls.
  • start designing a dedicated API/UI in order the scientific classification to be used by external services (i.e. XSEDE)
  • Certificate issue has been solved. A certificate, issued by SEE-GRID CA for the appdb.egi.eu host, will be used for signing the image lists. The cert has been tested and is compatible with the vmcatcher
  • The Glue Schema has been reviewed and comments sent to Salvatore. The produced image list has been enriched with: MarketPlaceID (ad:mpuri); Recommended Cores (ad:core_recommended); Recommended Ram (ad:ram_recommended); 'Installed software' and 'AccessInfo' are still considered as a subject for discussion, A sample image list could be inspected at [1] and from a user prospective the metadata can be viewed at [2] (click on 'show more' at the bottom of each vm for more details).
  • patch regarding the egiappdb protocol has been applied to the vmcaster [3]
  • xml & json representation of the metadata is available per image (see [2] xml|json section, or directly go to [4] or [5])
  • After an audio conf we had with Owen it came up that the image list identifier should be unique per registered Virtual Appliance. This fact cause a significant impact to the workflow and thus many changes had to be made. The developments are ready and the documentation will follow in the next couple of days.

Next steps:

  1. . A few minor bugs or glitches will be addressed
  2. . finalize the new version of the documentation (ready in a couple of days)
  3. . proceed with the alpha testing phase. IMHO, Owen should be involved, but of course that depends on his availability.
  4. . after step 2 is finalized, we could proceed with the beta testing phase and invite a community to play with vmca*er & AppDB (if i am not mistaken, Salvatore mentioned that INFN could be a candidate for this)
  5. . In parallel, our team will start deal with per VA permissions, thus user will be able to assign specific permissions to the registered people. (the current situation is: everyone that is listed as a contact point to a given VA, has write/edit permissions to the VA and its

versions metadata. Admins, Managers have full control to everything, NGI representatives full control to every VA associated to their country)


[1]. https://vmcaster.appdb-dev.marie.hellasgrid.gr/store/software/egi.appliance.1/image.list

[2]. https://appdb-dev.marie.hellasgrid.gr/store/software/egi.appliance.1/vaversion/latest

[3]. https://github.com/hepix-virtualisation/vmcaster/commit/6b98b9b3930c11a737d502a6710d290a6de731e9

[4]. https://appdb-dev.marie.hellasgrid.gr/store/vm/image/c8416208-873f-4817-adf9-a534095c645d:268/xml

[5]. https://appdb-dev.marie.hellasgrid.gr/store/vm/image/c8416208-873f-4817-adf9-a534095c645d:268/json

[6]. https://rt.egi.eu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=6245

CRM (28/10/2013)

Implementation (in the testing instance) of a new functionality to redirect users, by clicking on plots on the Home Page, to the relevant collection of CRM records with incomplete information. This feature will allow users to easily identify and access incomplete records. Functions are being developed to interoperate with CRM pre-build AJAX procedures and CRM forms.


TMP (4/10/2013)

Bugs fixed (and their RT number): RT 4400 Scroll bar missing on some displays has been fixed RT 3754 Past events/webinars etc list – displays only showed future events only when browsing. This has been rectified by also having a tab for past events/webinars to allow users to use list interface for seeing all entries (previously it was possible on calendar and map only) RT 5192 Comment has been added into the body of the notification email that EGI receive when a comment is posted, to allow them the option of not having to log into the system to see whether the comment is spam. All comments that aren’t published after one week will be deleted by STFC to save EGI managing SPAM. RT 6050 Project and Research Discipline filters have been added to the WEBINAR advertise form synchronising it with the other categories of materials available on the site (note – location isn’t added as it is not relevant to webinars) RT 4399 pop-ups showing event details display awkwardly in the calendar option – very narrow display causing font to appear too large – this is fixed but resizing the pop-up window, which now looks appropriate

Also, not ticketed – we have been tinkering with the anti-SPAM measures and hopefully there will be much less spam getting through in future

Current technical work: - Setting up monitoring of social media shares - Adding advanced search options, that are currently available using the gadgets, to the main site. For example, in the gadget a user can search by research discipline but not in the main site, only by keyword. We expect the Advanced Search option to be ready to go live in a week or so and the social media monitoring very soon too.

Other activity: Claire gave a presentation to the “Project Directors Group” – a grouping of leaders of the UKs e-infrastructure projects – on Tuesday. Present were representatives of two research council. The case was made for UK funding of a training marketplace and it received general support all around (including when we discussed budgets!). So the case is being made strongly for sustained support in the UK and its got the whole community behind it.

SA1

report: Inspire_sa1_2013-10-29

SA2

SA4

JRA1

Report: Inspire_jra1_2013-10-29

Participants

Discussion