EGI-InSPIRE:Amb 2013-10-22

From EGIWiki
Revision as of 23:05, 24 December 2014 by Krakow (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
EGI Inspire Main page



Back to the AMB wiki home page

Activity Reports

NA1

  • Progress on Milestones & Deliverables

Preparations for the QR14 - template circulated, metrics being collected

  • Major work done during the past week by task

TNA1.1 Activity management

  • Changes to activity plan to reflect management changes, central budget updates
  • Change in NA2 and SA1 work package leaders proposed
  • PO notified of change to Project Director, LEAR being updated

TNA1.2 Project and consortium management

  • Payment schedule for PQ11 and PY3 closing costs prepared
  • Budget for 2014 revised to be voted on at the Council meeting on 24 October
  • Effort allocations to be verified
  • Proposals for appointments made to the EB for Graphic Designer and Outreach Intern
  • Applications open for Business Development Expert, Technical Outreach Expert and Senior Ops Officer

TNA1.4 Quality assurance

  • QR14 materials and metrics being gathered for 8 November
  • Project level metrics to be related to the human networks impact

NA2

NA2.2

  1. Media mentions
  2. Human Networks
    • Met with CG, GS, RMcL and SC to discuss handover
  3. Deliverables/Milestones
    • MS243, reviewed, edited. With the PMB
  4. Staffing
    • Interviewed 2 candidates for Outreach Officer role, one F2F, other via skype
    • Interviewed 3 candidates for Graphic Designer role, all F2F
  5. Other

NA2.3

  • Major work done during the past week by task
    MoU review for Helix Nebula
    Drafted change management process for scientific disciplines classification and internally reviewed
    Shared template for solution white paper
    Contribution to AAI proposal
    Attended NILs/Champions meeting and provided
    Drafted service management plan for EGI.eu (part of FitSM implementation)
    Prepared and internally reviewed presentation for FedSM review (29/30 Oct)
  • Major Events Attended
    None
  • Major Events Planned
    (Sy) FedSM 1st Project Review, 29-30 Oct 2013, Bruxelles
    (Sergio) e-IRG Workshop, 4-5 Nov 2013, Vilnius
    (Sergio) ICT2013, 6-8 Nov 2013, Vilnius
    (Sergio, Sy, Carmela?), EGI workshop, 4-6 Dec 2013, Amsterdam
    (Carmela?) CoPoRi Workshop, 4 Dec 2013, Brussels
    (Carmela?) Helix Nebula Suppliers face-to-face meeting, 4 Dec 2013, Brussels


NA2.5

  • Review new VT proposal and kick-off VT: Promoting Desktop Grid solutions - https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/VT_Promoting_Desktop_Grids
  • Teleconference with NILs & Champions about EGI-InSPIRE PY4-5, H2020, CF2012; Discuss survey to be setup this week for NILs and Champs with Tiziana
  • Propose collaboration opportunitites to PRACE (EGU-2014 hydro-meteorology session; science gateways) - meeting to be arranged with Jules Wolfrat
  • Meeting about CF2014 with Richard and Tiziana - event scope, structure, content
  • Discuss human network management with press team and Richard (handover from Richard to Sara)
  • Teleconference with EISCAT_3D study case - next step is to define a 2TB data pilot + planning to H2020 proposal
  • ER-flow review (1 day for Gergely) - the project received a GOOD mark
  • Send out request for QR14 input to TNA2.5 teams
  • Record EGI Introduction lecture for Grid Computing MOOC (mini-project in SA4)
  • Attend review rehearsal of the BioVeL project (webex session)
  • Search for VRE projects (potential EGI customers) on the EC Cordis website - results relevant for ER-flow and EGI-InSPIRE NA2.5
  • Article about BioVeL FedCloud usage into Inspired

SA1

Report: Inspire_sa1_2013-10-22

SA2

SA4

Summary
  • MOOC progresses with assembling the course material, but has some issues with temporary grid certificates.
  • Liferay is working towards a replacement module for the EGI blog
  • rOCCI is extending the test coverage on the framework, and a number of skeleton APIs reflecting the adjusted objectives (as also reported in MS801)
  • Contextualisation/AppdDeployment is testing the new OpenStack Horizon release for compatibility.
  • The CloudCaps project works on new documentation and publications, and works with WeNMR on updated images.
  • The CompReports project is currently validating results for September 2013, self-check mechanisms and custom filters.
TSA4.1 - Management
  • compiling weekly reports
  • finishing adjusting objectives for TSA4.4 (volunteer developers had left)
TSA4.2 - MOOC
  • recorded & edited two use cases
  • reworked slides on grid certificates
  • added content to storage on grid
  • created WS-PGrade exercises
  • created new version of VM
  • We're experiencing some issues with temporary grid certificates which don't allow us to save data on dcache. Our sysadmins and the dcache developers are looking into this.
TSA4.3 - Liferay
  • INFN - work done
  • SZTAKI - no report, but agreed to attend a videoconf next week
  • CESNET - still working on hooks for EGI blog replacement
TSA4.4 - OCCI for CMF

rOCCI framework

  • extended test coverage to improve QA on rOCCI-core
  • a bunch of bug fixes improving OCCI rendering, attribute validation and error handling in rOCCI-core

rOCCI-server

  • implemented a skeleton of the internal backend API (Core <-> BackendManager)
  • implemented a skeleton of the OCCI-parsing module
  • started implementing a reference backend

ToDo for next week

  • continue working on rOCCI-server integration with rOCCI-core and back-ends
  • in parallel, continue extending test coverage on rOCCI framework, primarily rOCCI-core

Problems

  • None (yet :-))

Delays

  • Still approx. one month (== Florian's contribution), no further delay
  • Postponed fixes for non-critical rOCCI-* bugs reported during Cloud Plugfest, to minimize the delay
  • Implemented changes proposed in MS801, to minimize the delay
TSA4.5 - CDMI in CMF

Progress:

  • due to work on EUDAT project no progress was made

Plans for the next period:

  • from next week the effort is back on EGI project, continuing with the prev. weeks plans.

Problems we encounter, but can solve:

  • "second half" of the work load has required 100% commitment for the last month, project demo rush.

Problems and issues we need external help with:

  • None.
TSA4.6 - OCCI CompClouds

no report given

TSA4.7 - AppDeployment

Progress:

  • Testing the OCCI extension with the latest OpenStack codebase.
  • Creation of base images for new use cases
  • Continue with the frontend development.

Plans for next week:

  • Development of frontend
  • Add applications for new use cases
TSA4.8 - CloudCapabilities

Progress:

  • Discussions with WeNMR community about new images
  • Planning publication about our activities
  • Documentation changes

Plans for next week

  • Contact Martin Wynne regarding BNCweb
  • PeachNote firewall clearances
  • AutoFS for BioVel images

Problems we encountered, but can solve in the mini-project:

Problems and issues we need external help with:

TSA4.9 - VAPOR

bi-weekly reporting

TSA4.10 - CompReports

Progress

  • [Ops] Updated the documentation about the deployment of the infrastructure
  • [Ops] Added 1 more hadoop node
  • [Ops] Finished the validation of results for September
  • [Ops] Added monitoring of raw data via nrpe checks on consumer instance
  • [Sync] Investigation of issue with missing data
  • [Sync] Implemented of a self-check mechanism for consumer
  • [Sync] Resolved issues with the HEPSPEC sync
  • [Sync] Testing new version the stomp.py library
  • [WebUI] Filter results for custom periods
  • [WebUI] Filter results for predefined periods

Plans for next sprint

  • [Ops] Installation guide for Lavoisier
  • [Ops] Installation guide for Hadoop
  • [Ops] Packaging for the WebAPI
  • [Ops] Repackage the A/R compute package
  • [Ops] Automation of the packaging
  • [Sync] Reference implementation of the hepspec sync component
  • [Sync] Add license text to all code artifacts (Sync Components)
  • [Sync] Update the stomp.py library on the production instance
  • [CompEng] Support the use of Availability Profiles in the computations
  • [CompEng] Support the use of custom factors in the Availability Profiles
  • [WebUI] Web page to compare the results between CERN and us at any time
  • [WebUI] Improve the selection of granularity

Problems we encountered, but can solve:

  • None

Problems and issues we need external help with

  • None
TSA4.12 - AllocateFedRes

bi-weekly reporting

JRA1

Report: Inspire_jra1_2013-10-22

Participants

  • S. Andreozzi
  • M. Drescher
  • C. Gater
  • T. Ferrari
  • M. Krakowian
  • N. O'Neill
  • D. Scardaci
  • G. Sipos
  • R. McLennan

Absent: none

Discussion

  • Qarterly Report: contributions by 8th November to Richard; everybody is OK
  • NA2.2: Inspired newsletter: Tiziana said that it should include an article on the EGI strategy; an article that relates the EGI strategy with the EIROForum documents can be published later when updates are available
  • NA2.3: developed draft for the service management plan, working on finalising MoU between EGI-InSPIRE and Helix Nebula projects
  • NA2.5: Gergely reported that a new VT kicked-off and listed the main expected impact; there is envisioned work on interaction with PRACE on use cases for hyrdro-metereological model
  • SA1: monitoring SHA-2 migration, no issues so far; planned ENVRI meeting
  • SA4: handover of projects from Tiziana to Diego is smooth; some volunteers participating in mini-projects now left, difficult to understand how to manage; lesson learned: unfunded contribution can disappear and need to understand how to manage, need to be careful about committing activities with volunteers
  • JRA1: trying to create an overall picture of what all tools can do by the end of the project, to be published in JRA1 wiki; this will contain all activities planned in PY4, all requirements open;
  • Tiziana said that in the new bid, it was added the SLA part and this is an opportunity to start the SLA framework; payment from May on a quarterly basis; Diego heard concerns about the co-funding model, probably this can be resolved at the Council meeting;
  • Tiziana suggested to introduce automatic switch for GOCDB due to repetitive unavailability of service at RAL
  • Michel asked Diego about process for introducing new probes in SAM (bound to new SAM release) as this of interest from the FedCloud viewpoint; Tiziana suggested for them to take offline and discuss directly
  • White paper for EGI solutions: Tiziana proposed to have full documents by 13 December; responsibility for editing are:
    • HTC: Peter
    • Cloud: Michel
    • Networks/Community-driven Innovation: Neasan
    • FedOps: Malgorzata (already available with D4.9)
  • EGI-InSPIRE Description of Work amendment: Gergely to draft text for NA2.6/User community experts and consultans; Michel commented that Cloud mini-project around cloud capabilities is very (Tiziana to send text of current)
    • PY5:
      • NA2.2: question about if we should have TF2014 in Oct, just after the closing of the calls, PMB to decide
      • NA2.3: DRI ERIC: there is no dedicated call, eventually this can happen in call 3 about integration; maybe a Council activity?
      • NA2.4: Human Networks: mainly a support activity for supporting travels
    • SA5:
    • SA6:
  • to understand where to report EGI.eu management of activities;
  • All: sending paragraph to Tiziana about text for DoW change; Diego to talk to John