From EGIWiki
Revision as of 14:06, 27 June 2017 by Sipos (talk | contribs) (Task SA2.2 Technical User Support)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
EGI-Engage project: Main page WP1(NA1) WP3(JRA1) WP5(SA1) PMB Deliverables and Milestones Quality Plan Risk Plan Data Plan
Roles and
WP2(NA2) WP4(JRA2) WP6(SA2) AMB Software and services Metrics Project Office Procedures


Activity Reports

WP1 (NA1) (Yannick Legre)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task NA1.1 Administrative and Financial Management

Task NA1.2 Technical Management

Task NA1.3 Quality and Risk Management

  • Preparing for ITSM audit

WP2 (NA2) (Sergio Andreozzi)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task NA2.1 Communication and Dissemination

Task NA2.2 Strategy, Business Development and Exploitation

  • Strategy
    • Preparation doc from survey for EGI Council (29 June)
    • Policy brief to update the EGI Council on service portfolio changes
  • IMS Updates
    • IMS Ops Meeting (Sy, Yannick, Mal) - 27 May
    • Several updated through IMS by many
    • 1st of 3 Internal audits for EGI IMS on the 30th of June in preparation to the audit conducted by TUV in November; first will focus on the ITSM processes. All have been informed and is planned. Thomas will be in Amsterdam.
  • FitSM
    • Conducted 2 Open Registration courses
      • Advanced SOC (Enol and Tiziana)
      • Expert
        • 6 participants (5 from EGI, 1 from CSC)
    • In-house discussions ongoing: EBI and SURFsara

Task NA2.3 SME/Industry Engagement and Big Data Value Chain

  • BDVA
    • General Assembly last week and group meetings
    • iSpaces redefinition was also revised which now also includes Federations. Formal accreditation process in place. EGI who was originally rejected as federations weren’t covered, we are now able to “reapply” in the context of “Federation”. The process will be straightforward. A ceremony for iSpace labels within the Big Data Forum [roberta to add where and when]. This is important as there are dedicated funding streams for iSpaces

White paper on EO big data generation (currently writing)

WP3 (JRA1) (Diego Scardaci)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

  • M28: D3.15 Second Data Accounting prototype: Waiting for the ToC from STFC
  • M28: D3.16 Final report on EGI Service Registry and Marketplace: Draft. It should be completed next week
  • M30: D3.17 Final release of the accounting and operational tools: Plan to write it in July

Task JRA1.1 Authentication and Authorisation Infrastructure

  • IMPORTANT. Connectors to Ops Portal to gather information about VOs available in the dev instance, next is the same functionality for non VOMS based communities;
  • CheckIn moving to beta
  • Working to support the new LoA levels (from AARC)
  • Working to support the EGI FedCloud
  • Assessment of the support status of MyProxy in the light of the Globus EOL

Task JRA1.2 Service Registry and Marketplace

Task JRA1.3 Accounting

  • Cloud accounting:
    • New solution for accounting of the long running VMs under testing
  • Data accounting:
  • New release of the portal under testing. New main features:
    • API to get accounting data directly from the accounting portal
    • Cloud views updated to support the new usage record
      • Wallclock time multiplied per the number of CPU cores
    • Possibility to select a measurement unit (day, month, etc)
    • Maps to show the graphical distribution of the accounting data in country views: the implementation was too poor. This feature will be removed by this release and included (in a better shape) in the next.
    • Discipline account report
    • New restricted views

Task JRA1.4 Operations Tools

  • Ops Portal: Working on integrating CheckIn and the new messaging. Interface for CheckIn to extract VO information
  • GOCDB: new roadmap until the end of the project defined:
  • ARGO: module for probes management under development, new messaging infrastructure under testing
  • SECANT: integration with the AppDB ongoing

Task JRA1.5 Resource Allocation – e-GRANT

see TJRA1.2

WP4 (JRA2) (Matthew Viljoen)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables


  • D4.9 Open Data Platform: Demonstrator, Experience Report and Use Cases (PM29) ToC agreed, now working on content. Ready for internal review: 7 July
  • D4.10 Final CANFAR integration release (PM29) ToC agreed, now working on content. Ready for internal review: 7 July
  • M4.3 Open Data Platform in the Production (PM30)

Task JRA2.1 Federated Open Data

Latest developments:

  • Handling multiple small files
  • Import of existing data
  • Added extended attributes support
  • Added administrator manual

Task JRA2.2 Federated Cloud

  • OOI: bugfixes for networking with Neutron, merged this week, to be released this week
  • cloud-info-provider: work ongoing with Baptiste on adding V3 auth to Keystone

Task JRA2.3 e-Infrastructures Integration

  • D4Science now confirmed to be running in production in Fedcloud

Task JRA2.4 Accelerated Computing

  • Modification done with cASO to send GPGPU accounting info along with the standard record. Awaiting testing from STFC

WP5 (SA1) (Peter Solagna)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task SA1.1 Operations Coordination

  • Updating the VO SLA for fedcloud vo
  • Review IMS
  • Circulated a broadcast to warn VOs about end of support for WMS
  • Prepared the list of middleware affected by Globus EOL
  • Preparation of OMB meeting
  • Follow up of the deployment of new probes in ARGO for fedcloud
  • Definietion of the DIRAC OLA (overall agreement)
  • Review of the ELIXIR Operations Centre

Task SA1.2 Development of Security Operations

  • F2F SPG meeting

Task SA1.3 Integration, Deployment of Grid and Cloud Platforms


  • All sites have been tested but CESGA and OKEANOS
    • Production: RECAS-BARI, BELNET, GWDG
    • Not used: 100IT and Cyfronet (waiting for an use case adaptable to the


  • Currently preparing an overview of the issues and the solutions


WP6 (SA2) (Gergely Sipos)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

  • 1 in review (EISCAT)
  • 4 in preparation (ELIXIR, BBMRI, EPOS, DM)

Task SA2.1 Training

Delivered a webinar:

Preparation for the following f2f events:

  • EUDAT Summer School, EGI FedCloud theme, FORTH, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 3-7/7/2017
  • CODATA-RDA Research Data Science Summer School: (Contribute with a FedCloud tutorial), Trieste, 10-21/July/2017 (EGI training infrastructure provided to support the school)

Preparation for the following webinar events:

  • Since the Workload Management System is coming to end-of-life, EGI is trying to push for the adoption of DIRAC. We are evaluation the possibility to have another webinar (depends on DIRAC staffing)

Task SA2.2 Technical User Support

  • Survey was sent out to NILs to update our knowledge on Engagement priorities
  • Discussed 'Enabling Global Infrastructures' (EGI services for RIs) brochure with press team. Working on identifying content/RIs to feature
  • Within UCST discussing success stories for project report and review
  • IWSG talk about the AODS
  • NGI interview of AODS support started


  • Had a CC meeting:
    • Distributed responsibilities on deliverable writing
    • OLAs look good for Steven, next step is to discuss adoption. Question is level: EBI or ELIXIR?

Task SA2.4 BBMRI

  • Petr started collecting input for final deliverable, using the template provided by Gergely

Task SA2.5 MoBrain

Dissemination events:

  • Molecular dynamics of proteins in the cloud. Data Management Services in the Cloud (co-located at the Ninth RDA Plenary), Barcelona, Spain, April 4, 2017
  • High-resolution, integrative modelling of biomolecular complexes from fuzzy data. ELIXIR workshop on “Computational Approaches to the Study of Protein Interaction and Drug Design”, Padova, Italy, April 10-14, 2017
  • High-resolution, integrative modelling of biomolecular complexes from fuzzy data. Understanding Protein Interactions: From Molecules to Organisms. Lyon, France, April 24-26, 2017
  • High-resolution, integrative modelling of biomolecular complexes from fuzzy data. Meeting of the groupe de graphisme et modélisation moléculaire (GGMM). Rheims, France, May 9-11, 2017
  • MoBrain - A competence center to serve translational research from molecule to brain, EGI Conference 2017, Catania, Italy, May 9-12, 2017
  • DisVis and PowerFit: Explorative and Integrative Modeling of Biomolecular Complexes harvesting EGI GPGPU resources, EGI Conference 2017, Catania, Italy, May 9-12, 2017
  • ScipionCloud: Large scale cryo electron microscopy image processing on commercial and academic clouds, EGI Conference 2017, Catania, Italy, May 9-12, 2017
  • GPGPU computing support on HTC, EGI Conference 2017, Catania, Italy, May 9-12, 2017
  • HADDOCK workshop in information-driven modelling of biomolecular complexes. KAUST, Saudi Arabia, May 24-25, 2017


  • CC meeting planned for Jun 27, focus on intensifying outreach and user engagement.
  • Preparing workshop for July 12th, for DARIAH-HR community, demonstration and hands-on on DARIAH Science Gateway

Task SA2.7 LifeWatch

  • Provided input on e-infrastructure resources to support thematic services to the ERIC for their strategic meeting (Italy).
  • Connecting with other projects (INDIGO-DataCloud) to support applications exploiting mobile access.

Task SA2.8 EISCAT_3D

  • Received one of the reviews for D6.21. Two more are still missing. Working doc:
  • EISCAT_3D construction received green light and funding last week.(total cost of 685 million Swedish crowns, distributed across three sites, project will start in September 2017 with site preparations to begin in summer 2018. The radar is expected to be operational in 2021.)
  • Delays/stops with ticket/bug resolution by CNRS - Gergely sent an email to Andrei to investigate.

Task SA2.9 EPOS

  • Had CC call where final deliverable was introduced. Progress is ok with AAI and Data demonstrator. The compute one will likely not reach maturity during EGI-Engage.
  • Next step: Daniele to circulate deliverable draft with assignment for demonstrator/pilot developers

Task SA2.10 Disaster Mitigation

  • Started working on D6.22 (Design larger scale multi-hazards simulation attempting to reduce the uncertainty of climate change assessment)