Difference between revisions of "EGI-Engage:AMB-2017-02-16"

From EGIWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "{{Template:EGI-Engage menubar}} {{TOC_right}} = Activity Reports = == WP1 (NA1) (Yannick Legre) == Dissemination reports === Milestones &...")
 
(WP4 (JRA2) (Matthew Viljoen))
 
(16 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 22: Line 22:
  
 
=== Milestones & Deliverables  ===
 
=== Milestones & Deliverables  ===
 +
*D2.11 Cross-border procurement of e-Infrastructure services: Opportunities, Barriers, Use cases, Best Practices
 +
** Feedback received from 3 out of 4 RIs (missing DARIAH)
 +
** Ohad Graber-Soudry from the European Spallation Source accepted to act as third reviewer
  
 
=== Task NA2.1 Communication and Dissemination  ===
 
=== Task NA2.1 Communication and Dissemination  ===
 +
 +
*EGI Conference 2017
 +
**Registration is open
 +
**Programme is online
 +
*Newsletter - Issue 26: editing the issue, chasing contributions
 +
*News items and blogs
 +
** Announcement of conference, opening registration
 +
** Open Calls for eInfra project
 +
*Social media posts: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
 +
*Website:
 +
** Updates and maintenance (SLA pages, thematic services)
 +
** Case studies:
 +
*** New story online (diversity of birds eggs)
 +
*** A couple more stories on the pipeline
 +
*Publications:
 +
** EGI-CSIRT report
  
 
=== Task NA2.2 Strategy, Business Development and Exploitation  ===
 
=== Task NA2.2 Strategy, Business Development and Exploitation  ===
 +
Strategic Planning and Evaluation
 +
*Attending a Coursera MOOC on Innovation Management
 +
 +
Governance Evolution
 +
*Organised and chaired a call with the OSPP EOSC WG, the goal is to produce a 2-page report for the OSPP to be discussed at the next meeting in Berlin, 19 March; the focus is financial schemes and governance of the EOSC
 +
 +
Service & Solution Strategy
 +
*FitSM Training calendar 2017
 +
**Initial dates proposed for June 2017 (4 courses, which introduces new Expert Bridge)
 +
 +
Cross-border procurement
 +
* Identified third reviewer
 +
* Organised session for the conference, invited speaker for NIH
 +
 +
Pay-for-use Implementation
 +
*Letter of Intents to be add to P4U provider list
 +
**IISAS provided signed
 +
**Working with PSNC based on commercial exchange with IBM research
 +
 +
Exploitation
 +
* EGI-Engage Exploitation Strategy Seminar 7 Feb: calls with the consultant, work with WP managers to develop KERs documents, post-event summary for the consultant, participation
  
 
=== Task NA2.3 SME/Industry Engagement and Big Data Value Chain  ===
 
=== Task NA2.3 SME/Industry Engagement and Big Data Value Chain  ===
 +
SME engagement
 +
*German SME: Bridging-IT
 +
**Follow-up with further engagement details - waiting on a response
 +
*Cyclops
 +
**Providing matchmaking with 2 EGI cloud providers (BIFI, IISAS)
 +
**Sent a letter of support for project proposal
 +
*NUMECA
 +
**Continuing to work on opporitunties
 +
*EGI/BlueBridge/FAO Joint Strategy for Marine Fisheries
 +
**Call held Friday 10 Feb to mature future business model and engagemgent with SMEs in sector: https://docs.google.com/document/d/130vh2iLzyN9mAUAabILJrseHy9txUtYu8xdFi6fa-og/edit
  
 
== WP3 (JRA1) (Diego Scardaci)  ==
 
== WP3 (JRA1) (Diego Scardaci)  ==
Line 34: Line 84:
  
 
=== Milestones & Deliverables  ===
 
=== Milestones & Deliverables  ===
 +
* D3.8 First Data Accounting prototype (M20): external review
 +
* D3.9 Identity Management for Distributed User Communities (M24): full draft ready by the end of the week
 +
* D3.10 Second release of the accounting and operational tools (M24): external review
 +
* D3.14 Report on Data Accounting (M24): full draft available but depends on D3.8. On hold until D3.8 is finalised.
  
 
=== Task JRA1.1 Authentication and Authorisation Infrastructure  ===
 
=== Task JRA1.1 Authentication and Authorisation Infrastructure  ===
 +
* entitlement for GOCDB: migration to the production instance planned for the next days
 +
* discussion about the process of whitelisting IdPs
 +
* entitlement for GGUS: working in progress
 +
* eduGAIN bridge: pending issues regarding the metadata that needs to be registered in eduGAIN
 +
* CheckIn OLA finalised
 +
* Setup a new VO with test users for testing the aggregation of VOMS attributes: on going
 +
* Prepare short template for adherence to the EGI policies by external providers
  
 
=== Task JRA1.2 Service Registry and Marketplace  ===
 
=== Task JRA1.2 Service Registry and Marketplace  ===
 +
* Discussion with Cyfronet about the roadmap until the end of project and beyond: meeting planned for tomorrow
 +
* Defined plan for integration the EGI application platform to the marketplace
 +
* Prototype bug-fixing
  
 
=== Task JRA1.3 Accounting  ===
 
=== Task JRA1.3 Accounting  ===
 +
* Cloud accounting usage record V0.4 approved by the CAB
 +
* Meeting with STFC management to discuss how to re-organise the accounting repository activities planned for today
 +
* New accounting portal ready to be moved into production: waiting for the availability of the Comodo certificates
 +
* Defined roadmap for next accounting portal releases
  
 
=== Task JRA1.4 Operations Tools  ===
 
=== Task JRA1.4 Operations Tools  ===
 +
* Ops portal: Integration with CheckIn - meeting planned for next week
 +
* GOCDB: OTAG scheduled for Feb 27th
 +
* ARGO Messaging: work in progress to integrate ARGO monitoring, Ops Portal and Accounting system with the new messaging infrastructure
  
 
=== Task JRA1.5 Resource Allocation – e-GRANT  ===
 
=== Task JRA1.5 Resource Allocation – e-GRANT  ===
 +
See task JRA1.2
  
 
== WP4 (JRA2) (Matthew Viljoen)  ==
 
== WP4 (JRA2) (Matthew Viljoen)  ==
Line 50: Line 122:
  
 
=== Milestones & Deliverables  ===
 
=== Milestones & Deliverables  ===
 +
 +
* D 4.6 e-Infrastructures Integration report (due 1 Mar 2017)
 +
Focus on ICOS/EPOS work.  In external review
  
 
=== Task JRA2.1 Federated Open Data  ===
 
=== Task JRA2.1 Federated Open Data  ===
 +
* Working with WeNMR testing with INDIGO. Interest from Chipster community to test EGI DataHub
 +
* EGI ODP/EGI DataHub roadmap written and suggested content for Data TCB
  
 
=== Task JRA2.2 Federated Cloud  ===
 
=== Task JRA2.2 Federated Cloud  ===
 +
* OCI update to OCCI 1.2
 +
* cASO build for Centos7 for distribution via the CMD
 +
* Repackaging of Keystone-VOMS for Xenial correcting dependencies problems
  
 
=== Task JRA2.3 e-Infrastructures Integration  ===
 
=== Task JRA2.3 e-Infrastructures Integration  ===
 +
* EPOS - progress has been made with gGUSE/Fedcloud integration. VM can be started/stopped, but problems remain sending commands.  gGUSE developers are involved. For DM, gsiftp is currently being used with EUDAT iRODS; working on using B2STAGE API.
 +
* ICOS - problems hit with Onedata due to many small files.  Has been fixed in RC12 and Onedata are considering using HDF5 containers. Also interested in using B2STAGE, testing started.
  
 
=== Task JRA2.4 Accelerated Computing  ===
 
=== Task JRA2.4 Accelerated Computing  ===
 +
* rOCCI server being modified to allow for GPGPU support on OpenNebula
 +
* working with APEL team for accounting GPGPU usage. The providers first need to be upgraded to glue2.1
 +
* Testing of LXD hypervisor shows GPGPU support is very good, but missing with OpenStack Nova. Currently investigating what development effort is required
 +
* Delays in GPGPU-enabled CREAM release. Won't be ready for next UMD code free date
 +
* Paper abstract accepted at ISGC17 entitled "Supercomputing, High Throughput, Accelerator Technologies and Integrations"
  
 
== WP5 (SA1) (Peter Solagna)  ==
 
== WP5 (SA1) (Peter Solagna)  ==
Line 66: Line 153:
  
 
=== Task SA1.1 Operations Coordination  ===
 
=== Task SA1.1 Operations Coordination  ===
 +
* Follow up with Indigo on OpenNebula software: they will support 5.x
 +
* Starting CMD-ONE (CMD for OpenNebula): verification testbed to be set at CESGA for ONE5, will early-adopt cloudkeeper to boost the deployment
 +
* Preparation of UMD 4.4 (regular February release) ongoing
 +
* Preparation of CMD-OS update: switching to Ubuntu 16, including BDII, IM (Indigo) is coming soon
 +
* Coordinating dCache 2.10 decommissioning (ongoing), planned decommissioning of dCache 2.13 (starts in May, deadline July)
 +
* Follow up with EMI shutdown: CERN investigating, provided me with private logs to extract IPs still using EMI
 +
* Follow up with CLOUDIFIN certification: manual tests ongoing missing, almost certified
 +
* Preparing IPv6 transition plan for EGI: fetching information from TPs, started communication with Core/EGI services to get first statements on their readiness
 +
* Looking at accounting inconsistencies at RECAS-BARI
 +
* Writing FedCloud provider installation guide for OpenStack Mitaka, in good shape, more "context" to be provided on some topics
 +
* Follow up on User id based policy in Mitaka (preventing some sites to upgrade), on PUSP inclusion in keystone-VOMS package for CMD, on probe implementations (CREAM probes, webdav, swift, VO image lists for cloud sites)
 +
* Periodic review of Federated_Cloud wiki (tickets opened to sites)
 +
* Storage accounting: asked the NGIs to provide a site for testing the new script
 +
* CAB meeting about GGUS, APEL, and EGI DataHub
 +
* VOs SLA reports
 +
* Release of the new Preview Middleware update
 +
* Scheduled an OTAG meeting for GOC-DB (Feb 27th)
 +
* GSTAT decommissioned
 +
* Meetings 1 AHM, 1 EGI CSIRT meeting, 1 FedCloud meeting, 1 Operations team, 1 Terradue,1 CAB (Accounting), 1 EGI Dockerhub proposal, 2 WLCG Ops. Of which, chaired: 2 URT meetings, 1 EGI Operations meeting, UMD team call
  
 
=== Task SA1.2 Development of Security Operations  ===
 
=== Task SA1.2 Development of Security Operations  ===
 +
* Updated the links to the new security policies
  
 
=== Task SA1.3 Integration, Deployment of Grid and Cloud Platforms  ===
 
=== Task SA1.3 Integration, Deployment of Grid and Cloud Platforms  ===
 +
 +
* DNS bidirectional resolution: configured on RCs supporting iMarine
 +
* LTOS platform open for testing for the NILs
  
 
== WP6 (SA2) (Gergely Sipos)  ==
 
== WP6 (SA2) (Gergely Sipos)  ==

Latest revision as of 08:48, 6 April 2017

EGI-Engage project: Main page WP1(NA1) WP3(JRA1) WP5(SA1) PMB Deliverables and Milestones Quality Plan Risk Plan Data Plan
Roles and
responsibilities
WP2(NA2) WP4(JRA2) WP6(SA2) AMB Software and services Metrics Project Office Procedures


Contents


Activity Reports

WP1 (NA1) (Yannick Legre)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task NA1.1 Administrative and Financial Management

Task NA1.2 Technical Management

Task NA1.3 Quality and Risk Management


WP2 (NA2) (Sergio Andreozzi)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

  • D2.11 Cross-border procurement of e-Infrastructure services: Opportunities, Barriers, Use cases, Best Practices
    • Feedback received from 3 out of 4 RIs (missing DARIAH)
    • Ohad Graber-Soudry from the European Spallation Source accepted to act as third reviewer

Task NA2.1 Communication and Dissemination

  • EGI Conference 2017
    • Registration is open
    • Programme is online
  • Newsletter - Issue 26: editing the issue, chasing contributions
  • News items and blogs
    • Announcement of conference, opening registration
    • Open Calls for eInfra project
  • Social media posts: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
  • Website:
    • Updates and maintenance (SLA pages, thematic services)
    • Case studies:
      • New story online (diversity of birds eggs)
      • A couple more stories on the pipeline
  • Publications:
    • EGI-CSIRT report

Task NA2.2 Strategy, Business Development and Exploitation

Strategic Planning and Evaluation

  • Attending a Coursera MOOC on Innovation Management

Governance Evolution

  • Organised and chaired a call with the OSPP EOSC WG, the goal is to produce a 2-page report for the OSPP to be discussed at the next meeting in Berlin, 19 March; the focus is financial schemes and governance of the EOSC

Service & Solution Strategy

  • FitSM Training calendar 2017
    • Initial dates proposed for June 2017 (4 courses, which introduces new Expert Bridge)

Cross-border procurement

  • Identified third reviewer
  • Organised session for the conference, invited speaker for NIH

Pay-for-use Implementation

  • Letter of Intents to be add to P4U provider list
    • IISAS provided signed
    • Working with PSNC based on commercial exchange with IBM research

Exploitation

  • EGI-Engage Exploitation Strategy Seminar 7 Feb: calls with the consultant, work with WP managers to develop KERs documents, post-event summary for the consultant, participation

Task NA2.3 SME/Industry Engagement and Big Data Value Chain

SME engagement

  • German SME: Bridging-IT
    • Follow-up with further engagement details - waiting on a response
  • Cyclops
    • Providing matchmaking with 2 EGI cloud providers (BIFI, IISAS)
    • Sent a letter of support for project proposal
  • NUMECA
    • Continuing to work on opporitunties
  • EGI/BlueBridge/FAO Joint Strategy for Marine Fisheries

WP3 (JRA1) (Diego Scardaci)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

  • D3.8 First Data Accounting prototype (M20): external review
  • D3.9 Identity Management for Distributed User Communities (M24): full draft ready by the end of the week
  • D3.10 Second release of the accounting and operational tools (M24): external review
  • D3.14 Report on Data Accounting (M24): full draft available but depends on D3.8. On hold until D3.8 is finalised.

Task JRA1.1 Authentication and Authorisation Infrastructure

  • entitlement for GOCDB: migration to the production instance planned for the next days
  • discussion about the process of whitelisting IdPs
  • entitlement for GGUS: working in progress
  • eduGAIN bridge: pending issues regarding the metadata that needs to be registered in eduGAIN
  • CheckIn OLA finalised
  • Setup a new VO with test users for testing the aggregation of VOMS attributes: on going
  • Prepare short template for adherence to the EGI policies by external providers

Task JRA1.2 Service Registry and Marketplace

  • Discussion with Cyfronet about the roadmap until the end of project and beyond: meeting planned for tomorrow
  • Defined plan for integration the EGI application platform to the marketplace
  • Prototype bug-fixing

Task JRA1.3 Accounting

  • Cloud accounting usage record V0.4 approved by the CAB
  • Meeting with STFC management to discuss how to re-organise the accounting repository activities planned for today
  • New accounting portal ready to be moved into production: waiting for the availability of the Comodo certificates
  • Defined roadmap for next accounting portal releases

Task JRA1.4 Operations Tools

  • Ops portal: Integration with CheckIn - meeting planned for next week
  • GOCDB: OTAG scheduled for Feb 27th
  • ARGO Messaging: work in progress to integrate ARGO monitoring, Ops Portal and Accounting system with the new messaging infrastructure

Task JRA1.5 Resource Allocation – e-GRANT

See task JRA1.2

WP4 (JRA2) (Matthew Viljoen)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

  • D 4.6 e-Infrastructures Integration report (due 1 Mar 2017)

Focus on ICOS/EPOS work. In external review

Task JRA2.1 Federated Open Data

  • Working with WeNMR testing with INDIGO. Interest from Chipster community to test EGI DataHub
  • EGI ODP/EGI DataHub roadmap written and suggested content for Data TCB

Task JRA2.2 Federated Cloud

  • OCI update to OCCI 1.2
  • cASO build for Centos7 for distribution via the CMD
  • Repackaging of Keystone-VOMS for Xenial correcting dependencies problems

Task JRA2.3 e-Infrastructures Integration

  • EPOS - progress has been made with gGUSE/Fedcloud integration. VM can be started/stopped, but problems remain sending commands. gGUSE developers are involved. For DM, gsiftp is currently being used with EUDAT iRODS; working on using B2STAGE API.
  • ICOS - problems hit with Onedata due to many small files. Has been fixed in RC12 and Onedata are considering using HDF5 containers. Also interested in using B2STAGE, testing started.

Task JRA2.4 Accelerated Computing

  • rOCCI server being modified to allow for GPGPU support on OpenNebula
  • working with APEL team for accounting GPGPU usage. The providers first need to be upgraded to glue2.1
  • Testing of LXD hypervisor shows GPGPU support is very good, but missing with OpenStack Nova. Currently investigating what development effort is required
  • Delays in GPGPU-enabled CREAM release. Won't be ready for next UMD code free date
  • Paper abstract accepted at ISGC17 entitled "Supercomputing, High Throughput, Accelerator Technologies and Integrations"

WP5 (SA1) (Peter Solagna)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task SA1.1 Operations Coordination

  • Follow up with Indigo on OpenNebula software: they will support 5.x
  • Starting CMD-ONE (CMD for OpenNebula): verification testbed to be set at CESGA for ONE5, will early-adopt cloudkeeper to boost the deployment
  • Preparation of UMD 4.4 (regular February release) ongoing
  • Preparation of CMD-OS update: switching to Ubuntu 16, including BDII, IM (Indigo) is coming soon
  • Coordinating dCache 2.10 decommissioning (ongoing), planned decommissioning of dCache 2.13 (starts in May, deadline July)
  • Follow up with EMI shutdown: CERN investigating, provided me with private logs to extract IPs still using EMI
  • Follow up with CLOUDIFIN certification: manual tests ongoing missing, almost certified
  • Preparing IPv6 transition plan for EGI: fetching information from TPs, started communication with Core/EGI services to get first statements on their readiness
  • Looking at accounting inconsistencies at RECAS-BARI
  • Writing FedCloud provider installation guide for OpenStack Mitaka, in good shape, more "context" to be provided on some topics
  • Follow up on User id based policy in Mitaka (preventing some sites to upgrade), on PUSP inclusion in keystone-VOMS package for CMD, on probe implementations (CREAM probes, webdav, swift, VO image lists for cloud sites)
  • Periodic review of Federated_Cloud wiki (tickets opened to sites)
  • Storage accounting: asked the NGIs to provide a site for testing the new script
  • CAB meeting about GGUS, APEL, and EGI DataHub
  • VOs SLA reports
  • Release of the new Preview Middleware update
  • Scheduled an OTAG meeting for GOC-DB (Feb 27th)
  • GSTAT decommissioned
  • Meetings 1 AHM, 1 EGI CSIRT meeting, 1 FedCloud meeting, 1 Operations team, 1 Terradue,1 CAB (Accounting), 1 EGI Dockerhub proposal, 2 WLCG Ops. Of which, chaired: 2 URT meetings, 1 EGI Operations meeting, UMD team call

Task SA1.2 Development of Security Operations

  • Updated the links to the new security policies

Task SA1.3 Integration, Deployment of Grid and Cloud Platforms

  • DNS bidirectional resolution: configured on RCs supporting iMarine
  • LTOS platform open for testing for the NILs

WP6 (SA2) (Gergely Sipos)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task SA2.1 Training

Task SA2.2 Technical User Support

Task SA2.3 ELIXIR

Task SA2.4 BBMRI

Task SA2.5 MoBrain

Task SA2.6 DARIAH

Task SA2.7 LifeWatch

Task SA2.8 EISCAT_3D

Task SA2.9 EPOS

Task SA2.10 Disaster Mitigation