EGI-Engage:AMB-2016-10-14

From EGIWiki
Revision as of 09:46, 14 October 2016 by Mviljoen (talk | contribs) (Task JRA2.1 Federated Open Data)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
EGI-Engage project: Main page WP1(NA1) WP3(JRA1) WP5(SA1) PMB Deliverables and Milestones Quality Plan Risk Plan Data Plan
Roles and
responsibilities
WP2(NA2) WP4(JRA2) WP6(SA2) AMB Software and services Metrics Project Office Procedures


Contents


Activity Reports

WP1 (NA1) (Yannick Legré)

Dissamination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task NA1.1 Administrative and Financial Management

  • collation of budget expenditure figures for PM13-PM18 and distribution to AMB for comments
  • discussion of project extension with PO
  • preparation of second project amendment and submission to EC for discussion

Task NA1.2 Technical Management

  • Setting up of the TCB-Cloud board responsible for maintaining and evolving the EGI Cloud Federation technical roadmap
  • Status assessment of onedata, overview of testing and deployment plans
  • Review of AAI CheckIn service, and discussion of its provisioning as SaaS
  • Review of ARGO service, and discussion of its provisioning as SaaS
  • Steering of Marketplace, LTOS and e-grant architecture review; review of e-grant work plan and LTOS work plan, reassignment

Task NA1.3 Quality and Risk Management

WP2 (NA2) (Sergio Andreozzi)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

  • External Reviewer:
    • D3.7 First release of the EGI Service Registry and Marketplace prototype
    • D1.4 Risk analysis and risk response for Period 2

Task NA2.1 Communication and Dissemination

  • Publications:
    • Finished the Service Catalogue: final copy, layout, design and printing; distribution at the DI4R 2016 conference
    • Published the EGI-Engage interim impact assessment: Editing original content by the TD; layout; publication of the website
    • Started the work on a Access Modes leaflet, in consultation with the UCST
  • Website:
    • final sprint to add all content; new website published mid-September; fixing final issues; now in production and in maintenance
    • new pages & articles for the website
    • selected and downloaded a library of +100 images
  • Case studies:
    • Stalking epilepsy: adapted from an original story published in Science Node
    • Simulations of the Amatrice earthquake: first draft ready, in review by the techies and researchers involved
  • EGI Communication channels:
    • Two news articles about the recent SLAs and three new blog posts
    • Issue 25 of the newsletter commissioned (to be published end November)
  • Events:
    • DI4R 2016: final preparations; posters, rolling presentation, slide decks; managing the event's communications; big social media push during the event; managing the feedback survey; event successfully held. Preparation for wrap-up meeting and start of discussions for the next event of the series
    • EGI Conference 2017: Research for possible venues in the Netherlands; discussions of colocation / co-organisation with sister project


Task NA2.2 Strategy, Business Development and Exploitation

  • Strategic Planning and Evaluation
    • EGI 2020 strategy implementation update
      • Individual calls (x12) held with each milestone owner to update on progress, achievements and make any necessary revisions: http://go.egi.eu/strategy-implementation
      • Summary slide being prepared as input to directors report for the EGI council meeting
    • European Open Science Policy Platform
      • First meeting held 20 Sep 2016
    • Presented Open Science Commons at "Open Science for Open Society" workshop: http://opensciencesociety.github.io/ccs16/
  • Impact Assessment
    • Published the EGI-Engage interim impact assessment (See NA2.1)
      • Editing original content by the TD; layout; publication of the website
  • Service & Solution Strategy
    • DI4R session: Joint service catalogue for research
      • Chaired + presentation (SA) + expert panel (SH)
    • SSB held (15 Sept) - next one scheduled for 20 Oct
    • Integrated Management System/ISO Certification Prep
      • Pre-audit (internal) conducted 20-21 Sept
      • Many updates to the IMS
      • Process: Continual Improvement
        • Implemented all changes/recommendations from internal audit
      • Process: Business Development & Stakeholder (BDS)
        • Call held with Thomas to improvement (13 Oct)
        • Process definition started
      • Process: Service Portfolio Management
        • Several updates to the process definition
        • Completed service catalogue definitions
    • FitSM Trainings
      • Foundation training held in Krakow (27 Sept) - 2 participants
      • DI4R Poster (won best poster)
      • Website updates + expansion of pages with direct back-office access (https://www.egi.eu/services/fitsm-training)
      • SURFsara In-House training
        • Service offer prepared and approved (7 Nov)
        • Started organisation
      • INFN In-House Training
        • Confirmed FND+1ADV (13-16 Dec)
        • Call to select which advanced (14 Oct)
      • November trainings (all 4 levels)
        • Start promotional campaign (blog post, twitter, linkedIn multiple groups, individual mailers)
    • FitSM WG
      • Attend all-hands meeting in Munich (22-23 Sept)
      • Monthly call (13 Oct)
  • Cross-border procurement of e-Infrastructure services
    • Cloud procurement session held at DI4R
    • Coordination of EGI providers facilitating bid for HNSciCloud Pre-Commercial Procurement tender
  • Pay-for-use Implementation
    • Meetings held with management for how pay-for-use should evolve and be positioned within EGI Marketplace
    • 1 new Letter of Intent (CESGA)
    • Coordination of provider bids for ESA Invitation to Tender (ITT)through pay-for-use mailing list
  • Collaboration Partnerships
    • Think we need to better track all collaborations that are ongoing, categorize them, and understand where each should be promoted on the new website (see comment in project “Catalogue of project results and exploitation plan”)
    • Attended the ICT Proposers Day and held several meetings to develop future activities
    • Training exchange with GEANT
      • 1 seat in GEANT MPIVIT training planned for Nov (Sergio)
      • 2 seats in EGI FitSM Foundation (Geant)
  • Legal
    • Revised terms of use, cookie policies and privacy policy for the EGI website
    • Comments sent back to lawyer, final revision to be performed

Task NA2.3 SME/Industry Engagement and Big Data Value Chain

  • SME engagement
    • Attended Helix Nebula Initiative (PPP) held in Rome (20-22 Sept)
    • DI4R session: SME dynamics workshop – towards an integrated approach (7A)
      • Chair (RP) + EGI SME engagement presentation (SH)
    • UberCloud
      • Ported OpenFOAM application on the EGI FedCloud (environment set up by Giuseppe)
      • SME CFD-Support prepared demo + initial run through shown to Giuseppe
      • Webinar scheduled for 20 Oct 16:00-17:00
      • Discussing how to support university incubation centers or new spin-outs companies with EGI services
    • Task meeting held 9 Sept
    • Updated/Finalized/Published “Initial questionnaire for private organisations:
    • EO pilot for EGI datahub for Sentinel data
      • Initial pilot available with Sentinel-2 data
  • Data policies, legal aspects and market analysis
    • Proposed by FAO to consume remaining effort (to be approved)
      • Define the obstacles from a legal and practical perspective
      • Define a potential way to overcome some of these (including a service to manage provenance when transforming / merging data, and proposal for a metadata ‘element’ on copyright / ownership/license at several levels)
      • Identify the market for such improved metadata driven data
      • Run a small experiment with fisheries data
  • Big Data value chain

WP3 (JRA1) (Diego Scardaci)

Milestones & Deliverables

  • D3.7 First release of the EGI Service Registry and Marketplace prototype: external review
  • M3.5 The first version of the EGI Marketplace is demonstrated: prototypes available online but not showcased
  • D3.8 First data accounting prototype: it should be ready for external review at the end of October

Task JRA1.1 Authentication and Authorisation Infrastructure

  • Checkin service now supports OIDC service provider.
  • EGI DataHub integrated with Checkin.
  • Organised task-force for on-boarding of tools and user communities (in collaboration with SA2.1)
  • Discussion to define the LoA ongoing
  • Integration with RC-Auth (Online CA) ongoing

Task JRA1.2 Service Registry and Marketplace

  • Definition of the technical roadmap
  • Organising the merging of the activities related to Marketplace, LToS platform and e-Grant: first meeting scheduled for Oct 20
  • Involvement of CYFRONET in the marketplace activity
  • Organising a meeting with the UberCloud marketplace developer
  • Definition of the feature set of the first marketplace release ongoing

Task JRA1.3 Accounting

Accounting repository

  • Deployment in production of the cloud usage record V0.4 ongoing
  • Deployment in production of the solution to properly account "long-running" VMs ongoing
  • Definition of the data accounting usage record ongoing
  • Testing of the storage accounting ongoing

Accounting Portal

  • Definition of the descriptive text for the portal ongoing
  • Accounting portal top menu aligned with Service Portfolio terminology ongoing
  • Bug fixing

Task JRA1.4 Operations Tools

Ops Portal

  • Integration with the Checkin service
  • OTAG being organised to re-define the roadmap

GOCDB

  • Working on writeable API

ARGO & Messaging

  • Enhancement of POEM service ongoing
  • Working on HTTP based messaging service

Security Monitoring

  • Analysis on how to integrate the security monitoring in ARGO ongoing

Task JRA1.5 Resource Allocation – e-GRANT

  • Analysis on how to integrate e-GRANT in the marketplace ongoing

WP4 (JRA2) (Matthew Viljoen)

Dissamination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task JRA2.1 Federated Open Data

  • Successful intro and demo and workshop of DataHub and ODP at DI4R
  • PROC19 work underway to cover work required to move OneData to production ready state. Highest priority work: security questionnaire, GOCDB entries and GGUS queues setup and Nagios probes
  • Next DataHub/ODP upgrade will go through CHM.
  • Awaiting input from Fernando to further develop the iMarine usecase
  • SDTP being written for DataHub/ODP

Task JRA2.2 Federated Cloud

  • EGI AppDB Dashboard under testing internally. Discussions with Marios regarding the transition of this service into production.
  • Preparing to use AppDB Dashboard (which uses OCCI and IM) to demonstrate VM access to OneData as an Indigo review demo.

Task JRA2.3 e-Infrastructures Integration

  • EPOS now waiting for Peter Kacsuk to fix bug in gUSE
  • New monthly meeting with Giuliano Taffoni to cover CANFAR work
  • d4Science - plan to start running production workloads second half of Oct against sites with d4science VO. In Nov, VREs will be tested to validate the EGI resources with the new use cases

Task JRA2.4 Accelerated Computing

  • Viet working on moving to new production service of accelerated computing. New VO, dissemination, SDTP
  • GPU-enabled VOs being uploaded to AppDB to make it available under fedcloud VO.

WP5 (SA1) (Peter Solagna)

Dissamination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

Task SA1.1 Operations Coordination

  • Progressing in enabling compchem in DIRAC4EGI
  • Under negotiation SLAs: BioISI, D4Science, EMSODEV, Nanotechnology, peachnote, Phobius
  • Finalized LSGC SLA
  • Preview Repository Release
  • RC and RP OLA monthly enforcing
  • Follow-up of remaining issues after the ARGO central migration
  • presentation @WLCG Information System Task Force meeting the ARGO proposal ofr using GOC-DB as the only topology information
  • final checks for SL5 Decommission campaign
  • follow-up on some failures detected by secmon against several sites
  • Agreed new process for security certification of sites under certification
  • Releases for UMD3.14.4 and UMD 4.2.1 (emergency release, handling major incident at CNAF)
  • Coordinating UMD 4.3.0 (regular October release)
  • Set up new wiki for CMD
  • Set up wiki new contents for UMD4 (schedule, products)
  • SLA validations: EXTraS,D4Science,Terradue/ESA,MoBrain(CLOSED),DRIHM,BILS(CLOSED)
  • Testing FedCloud sites and provide operational support
  • Chairing Operations meeting (1)
  • Chairing URT meeting (2)
  • Chairing UMD team (internal) meeting (2)
  • Joining WLCG operations monday meeting (3/4), ARGUS meeting (1), FedCloud meeting (2), OMB (1)
  • Setting up KEDB for PM process in EGI/IMS (interactions needed with helpdesk support)

Task SA1.2 Development of Security Operations

  • Review of the security policies updated in terminology

Task SA1.3 Integration, Deployment of Grid and Cloud Platforms

iMarine integraiton:

  • Review of the status and start testing on the sites supporting the VO SLA (production starting during October)

Long Tail of Science:

  • Chipster integration
  • Progressing in the integration of Galaxy as a platform available in the ltos
  • Testing for the currently integrated platforms including ws-pgrade
  • Discussion with LCMAPs developers for the extensions to support ARGUS
  • Integration with CheckIn for user Authentication

WP6 (SA2) (Gergely Sipos)

Dissemination reports

Milestones & Deliverables

  • Working on BBMRI D6.8 Analysis of requirements on biobank and study workflows (R)
  • Completing Project results table for exploitation and dissemination

Task SA2.1 Training

Task SA2.2 Technical User Support

  • Finalised CRM process in Confluence

Task SA2.3 ELIXIR

  • Testing of the ELIXIR VO is on hold because PERUN was reconfigured by CESNET
  • Discussion of the ELIXIR site certification is ongoing with EBI (between Peter - Steven)
  • Doodle is open for next CC teleconference

Task SA2.4 BBMRI

  • Working on BBMRI D6.8 Analysis of requirements on biobank and study workflows (R)

Task SA2.5 MoBrain

Task SA2.6 DARIAH

Task SA2.7 LifeWatch

* Next year Lifewatch ERIC will be in place and the CC will be represented as a single institute 

  • There are a couple of potential services that can be offered to the research community:
        1.) R (the plan is to make R as a Service),
        2.) Galaxy,
        3.) TRUFA,
        4.) Natusfera = service to recognize species. The service already track user's record.
                They're planning to make this data available in the GBIF platform via DOI.
    * They have to asses the level of maturity first and select which ones can be included in the proposal for the EINFRA-12 call.
    * In D6.18 they will define the tools used for each service to assess the level of maturity.
    * Status of VRE Marine (Klaas)
    ** Moving VRE URLs to vre.lifewatch.eu/xxx (marine or terrestrial-freshwater).
    ** Improving connection to e-lab job submission.
    ** Data from simon stevin management.
    ** Virtual servers status. Data transfer. Interfaces (preparing user interfaces at vliz).
    AAI:

* Start discussing how to connect Lifewatch IdP to service providers.

Task SA2.8 EISCAT_3D

  • The DIRAC team corrected bug of the file catalog view that Carl-Fredrik reported
  • The DIRAC team is working in a job-split for many files submission, then collecting output in the user space of the storage element
  • The EISCAT team is refining the EISCAT_3D data model (should be used in the next version of the catalogue)

Task SA2.9 EPOS

  • Progress with use case:
    • AAI: Integration of UNITY and CheckIn service ongoing (needed for next version of the Long-tail platform too)
    • Computational use case: SZTAKI (unfunded) is adding new features to WS-PGRADE, the baseline framework of the VERCE portal. Testing will start next week.
  • Doodle is open for next CC meeting

Task SA2.10 Disaster Mitigation

  • Discussions with DRIHM and DMCC about using the DRIHM portal by Asian DMCC members, and about possible collaboration in EINFRA12