CRM Use Case Record Company Data
How to record a new Company
Companies should be recorded in EGI CRM as an Organization. To create an Organization in EGI CRM:
- Log-in in EGI CRM
- From the top navigation blue menu, select Organizations
- From the shortcut toolbar, select the green plus sign. This will redirect you to the Organization creation web form.
How to fill the web form for a Company
- Organization Name, a reasonable name for identifying the Company. Note: Mandatory
- Organization Number, an automatically generated number. Do not change it the contents of this field.
- Account Acronym, a shorter name for identifying the Company.
- Account Type, select Company. Note: Mandatory
- Status, which can be either Active or non-Active depending if the account is valid, or if at a given point became invalid.
- Country, select the country where the Company is hosted, if applicable.
- Website, for the Company.
- Email, if applicable.
- Project List, select the individual projects (ESFRI, ESFRI-Cluster, INFRA, National or Others) where this Company is involved. More than one project can be selected. If the project that you are looking for is not in the options list, you have to first create an Organization for that project.
- Scientific Discipline, choose the main scientific domain for the Organization. Note: Mandatory
- Assigned to, which can be either an individual user or a group (e.g. specific NGI). Note: Mandatory
- EGI-Inspire partner, if the company is an EGI-Inspire parter or not. Note: Mandatory
- Potential for EGI use, with a subjective appraisal of the potential impact of its integration in EGI. Note: Mandatory
- Interest in e-Infrastructure, describing the interest shown on using e-Infrastructures for their research activities. Note: Mandatory
- Description, with a brief statement on the objectives and scope of the Research Institute.
Check the CRM Videos section to see the tutorial on how to add an Account