|Overview||For users||For resource providers||Infrastructure status||Site-specific configuration||Architecture|
Beaker Notebooks in the EGI Federated Cloud
This guide is intended for researchers who want to use Beaker, an open source tool for data analysis and visualization.
Beaker is a notebook-style development environment for working interactively with large and complex datasets. Its plugin-based architecture allows you to switch between languages or add new ones with ease, ensuring that you always have the right tool for any of your analysis and visualization needs.
How to start Beaker Notebook
The starting point is to use one of the two Docker-ready images available in the EGI AppDB:
You can start that image as any other image available from AppDB:
- Go to the EGI Docker image entry in AppDB
- Check the IDs of the OCCI templates and endpoints to run the image for your VO at the selected site
- Use a ssh-key when creating the VM (check FAQ for more info)
- (Optional) Some sites may require the allocation of a public IP before you can log in
- Then you can either log in into the VM and use docker from there, or configure your docker client to connect to the remote VM.
For further details on how to use Docker container in the EGI Federated Cloud, please consider this []