Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 20 January 2012 14h00 Amsterdam time
|EVO direct link||Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 EMI-1 release status
1.2 Staged Rollout
Fix of security vulnerabilities
The UMD1.5 release freeze is next Monday 23 Jan, and the release occurs 1 week later on the 30 January. See UMD_Release_Schedule
The current products to be included are:
- L&B 3.1.0 - waiting for the staged rollout report
- DPM mysql 1.8.2 - 1 report delivered, waiting for the other reports
- MPI 1.2.0 - under staged rollout, reports should arive only next Monday
- Storm 1.8.1 - waiting for the staged rollout report
- WMS 3.3.4 - waiting for the staged rollout report
- GE utils 1.0.0 - SW provisioning completed: first release
- LFC mysql 1.8.2 - SW provisioning completed
- CREAM 1.13.3 - SW provisioning completed : Includes the components
- BLAH 1.16.4 - pre-testing has been done, today n staged rollout, waiting for the reports
- CEMON 1.13.3 - SW provisioning completed
- APEL parsers 1.0.1 - SW provisioning completed
2. Operational Issues
2.1 Requirements and Surveys
- Middleware Requirements campaign officially closed, if your NGI has more requirements, please submit them today.
- Surveys about Global and International services are officially closed.
2.2 Underperforming Top-BDII
As usual attached to the December Availability/Reliability you can find the Availability report for the NGI's Core services (that are Top-BDIIs): December Top-BDII table.
- Already opened GGUS vs underperforming NGIs
- Starting from January 2012 Top-BDII below the 99% availability threshold will trigger an official follow-up and NGIs will be requested to provide a plan to improve the service level they are delivering with their Top-BDIIs
- From a configuration point of view, the options are described in this manual: MAN05
- Tip: Small NGIs could agree to use their Top-BDIIs in a failover configuration at client-side.
3.1 ActiveMQ Upgrade
ActiveMQ upgrade planned for 30&31 January 2012 with the following schedule:
- CERN1 + AUTH on 30th January (11 am - 12 pm)
- CERN2 + SRCE on 31th January (12 pm - 1 pm)
Two stage upgrade in order to avoid service disruption.
- ActiveMQ 5.5.1-fuse-01-20, release notes are here: http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Message+Broker+v5.5.1-fuse+Release+Notes
- Camel routes switched off, SAM to use wildcard subscriptions instead.
- Automatic closing of inactive STOMP connections after one hour.
Note: Inactive connections are overloading brokers and currently we clear them manually periodically. Clients will reconnect automatically.