|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 20 January 2012 14h00 Amsterdam time
|EVO direct link||Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 EMI-1 release status
1.2 Staged Rollout
Fix of security vulnerabilities
The UMD1.5 release freeze is next Monday 23 Jan, and the release occurs 1 week later on the 30 January. See UMD_Release_Schedule
The current products to be included are:
- L&B 3.1.0 - waiting for the staged rollout report
- DPM mysql 1.8.2 - 1 report delivered, waiting for the other reports
- MPI 1.2.0 - under staged rollout, reports should arive only next Monday
- Storm 1.8.1 - waiting for the staged rollout report
- WMS 3.3.4 - waiting for the staged rollout report
- GE utils 1.0.0 - SW provisioning completed: first release
- LFC mysql 1.8.2 - SW provisioning completed
- CREAM 1.13.3 - SW provisioning completed : Includes the components
- BLAH 1.16.4 - pre-testing has been done, today n staged rollout, waiting for the reports
- CEMON 1.13.3 - SW provisioning completed
- APEL parsers 1.0.1 - SW provisioning completed
2. Operational Issues
2.1 Requirements and Surveys
- Middleware Requirements campaign officially closed, if your NGI has more requirements, please submit them today.
- Surveys about Global and International services are officially closed.
2.2 Underperforming Top-BDII
As usual attached to the December Availability/Reliability you can find the Availability report for the NGI's Core services (that are Top-BDIIs): December Top-BDII table.
- Already opened GGUS vs underperforming NGIs
- Starting from January 2012 Top-BDII below the 99% availability threshold will trigger an official follow-up and NGIs will be requested to provide a plan to improve the service level they are delivering with their Top-BDIIs
- From a configuration point of view, the options are described in this manual: MAN05
- Tip: Small NGIs could agree to use their Top-BDIIs in a failover configuration at client-side.
3.1 ActiveMQ Upgrade
ActiveMQ upgrade planned for 30&31 January 2012 with the following schedule:
- CERN1 + AUTH on 30th January (11 am - 12 pm)
- CERN2 + SRCE on 31th January (12 pm - 1 pm)
Two stage upgrade in order to avoid service disruption.
- ActiveMQ 5.5.1-fuse-01-20, release notes are here: http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Message+Broker+v5.5.1-fuse+Release+Notes
- Camel routes switched off, SAM to use wildcard subscriptions instead.
- Automatic closing of inactive STOMP connections after one hour.
Note: Inactive connections are overloading brokers and currently we clear them manually periodically. Clients will reconnect automatically.