|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
Detailed agenda: Grid Operations Meeting 18 July 2011 14h00 Amsterdam time
|EVO direct link||Pwd: gridops|
|EVO details||Indico page|
1. Middleware releases and staged rollout
1.1 EMI-1 release status (Cristina)
1.2. EMI/UMD current status
1.3. Staged Rollout (Mario)
1.3.1 EMI1 - UMD1
- Products in staged rollout: aiming for UMD1.1 (1st August)
- MyProxy (proxyrenewal) update: first release in UMD1.0
- Unicore-UVOS update: first release in UMD1.0
- Product in verification: aiming for UMD1.1 (1st August)
- L&B update: first release in UMD1.0
- arc-infosys: pending new bdii update
- dCache: pending EAs to commit
- Products foreseen for UMD1.2 (15 September):
- VOMS and LFC Oracle.
- Globus components.
1.3.2 Operational Tools
- SAM/Nagios update 12
1.4 Interoperability (Michaela)
2. Operational Issues
2.1 gLite 3.1 components deployed
2.1.1 gLite 3.1 supported components
|gLite component||gLite 3.1 support||In UMD 1.0||In UMD 1.1||In UMD 1.2||Instances deployed for glite3.1|
|glite-CLUSTER||End of Standard Updates on 31/10/2011||YES||YES||YES||-|
|glite-FTS||Only Security Updates until 07/10/2011||NO||NO||YES||-|
|glite-VOMS_mysql||Not Supported||YES||YES||YES||VOMS glite3.1 not published in top-bdii|
|lcg-CE||End of Standard Updates on 31/10/2011||NO||NO||NO||-|
The best practice would be to upgrade unsupported services. In case of critical bugs or software vulnerabilities no patches will be released. Would it be possible for NGIs to report the sites that cannot upgrade their glite3.1 services to EMI (e.g. because old hardware?)?
3.1 Argus gLite 3.2
The support schedule for ARGUS is currently consistent with the other gLite3.2 components: security updates until April 2012 (release EMI-2).
This is a problem for the ARGUS PT, developers cannot put effort on developing patches for the gLite 3.2 release of the component. EMI is considering to officially drop the ARGUS support in gLite 3.2.
NGIs should report if there are sites that need gLite 3.2 ARGUS, and that need support for this version of the service. This topic will be discussed in the next OMB July 26th.