AT (Austria): NGI AT (The Austrian Grid Initiative)
The Austrian Grid Initiative.
The Austrian Grid is a nationwide initiative to establish Grid computing in Austria. It combines Austria's leading researchers in advanced computing technologies with well-recognized partners in grid-dependant application areas. The project was funded by the Austrian Ministry of Science and Research from 2004 to 2010 and is currently restructuring into a National Grid Initiative (NGI), taking into account the national user community as well as the requirements arising out of international cooperation in the context of the European Grid Initiative (EGI).
- development and usage of grid computing infrastructures for diverse application areas, and
- installation and operation of a national grid infrastructure in Austria.
- fundamental research in the area of grid computing middlewares
- evaluation of grids through the development of state-of-the art grid applications
- Austrian Grid Service centre, which is to offer a sustainable grid infrastructure beyond the official funding period
- Austrian Grid Development centre, which aims at getting the industry on board, i.e. arranging grid research projects between industrial and research partners.
- Austrian Grid Research centre, which conducts basic research in Grids, develops prototypes and supports researchers who use Grid technology for their projects