|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|Tools menu:||• Main page||• Instructions for developers||• AAI Proxy||• Accounting Portal||• Accounting Repository||• AppDB||• ARGO||• GGUS||• GOCDB|
|• Message brokers||• Licenses||• OTAGs||• Operations Portal||• Perun||• EGI Collaboration tools||• LToS||• EGI Workload Manager|
Accounting Processor for Event Logs (APEL) is a component of the gLite middleware and part of the CPU Accounting system.
APEL parses batch system and Grid gatekeeper logs at each Grid site to generate CPU usage records and publishes them into a centralised repository at a GOC (Grid Operations Centre) using ActiveMQ or RGMA as the transport mechanism. The records are processed and summarised and can then be accessed through the Accounting Portal.
The APEL client configuration and set up is explained in the File:Apel-user-guide.pdf
The EGEE/WLCG Accounting service is comprised of data collection and reporting services, is a large centralised database which collects and aggregates CPU usage information from sites across the Grid through different types of sensors. It is described in https://edms.cern.ch/document/726137 .
- Frequently Asked Questions
- APEL Nagios Tests
- View Data on Portal
- Apels Encryption Algorithm
- Installing a glite-APEL node on glite-APEL
- Check APEL server status on the Status page
- Please use the GGUS ticketing system and provide the following information
- Your siteName
- A description of the problem
- Any relevant log file
- Any questions/comments about APEL / EGI CPU Accounting can be forwarded to APEL-SUPPORT_AT_JISCMAIL.AC.UK
- The old CPU_Benchmarking_HowTo on the GOCWIKI is obsolete.