Difference between revisions of "2019-bidding/helpdesk-system"
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
== Effort ==
== Effort ==
Bids planning a total effort of about 5 Person Months/year
Bids planning a total effort of about 5 Person Months/year would allow these services and activities to be addressed appropriately.
Revision as of 18:43, 5 November 2019
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
(to add requirements on software licenses and fitsm training&certification)
Service name: Helpdesk service (GGUS)
EGI provides support to users and operators through a distributed helpdesk with central coordination (GGUS). The central helpdesk provides a single interface for support. The central system is interfaced to a variety of other ticketing systems at the NGI level in order to allow a bi-directional exchange of tickets.
The GGUS system is divided into three environments: development, test and production environment. Every environment includes three layers:
- Presentation - web frontend to provide the entry point for the graphical user interface;
- Logic - AR Server which executes the workflow rules and performs the main tasks. AR Server is providing the communication interface between external systems and is accompanied by the email-engine to provide the additional mail-based interface into the helpdesk system;
- Backend - Oracle DBMS
This activity is responsible for the coordination of the system operation and upgrade activities with those partners that are in charge of operating other systems that depend on it. Coordination with user communities, technology providers and operators is provided by dedicated Advisory Board meetings.
- Service operations
- Daily running of the system
- Support Unit maintenance
- Provisioning of a high availability configuration
- A test infrastructure to verify interoperability and the impact of software upgrades on depending systems
- Ticket oversight
- This activity includes the administrative and reporting functions of the helpdesk infrastructure, e.g. collecting ticket statistics, and internal and external reporting of statistics for SLAs monitoring and other reporting duties. Ticket follow-up includes notifying supporters when the reaction to high-priority tickets is not fast enough, requesting information from ticket submitters when they do not react, and ensuring assigners/resolvers will react sufficiently fast when the submitter provides additional information.
- Creating an Availability and Continuity Plan and implementing countermeasures to mitigate the risks defined in the related risk assessment.
Support is provided via EGI Service Desk Support Unit: GGUS. Support is available between Monday and Friday (9:00 and 17:00 CET/CEST time) - this excludes public holidays at the same time in all organizations providing the service.
This activity includes:
- bug fixing, proactive maintenance, improvement of the system
- coordination of software maintenance activities with other technology providers that provide software for the EGI Core Infrastructure or remote systems deployed by integrated and peer *infrastructures that interoperate with the central EGI components of the system.
- requirements gathering
IT Service Management compliance
- Key staff who deliver services should have foundation or basic level ITSM training and certification.
- ITSM training and certification could include FitSM, ITIL, ISO 20000, etc.
- Key staff and service owners should have advanced/professional training and certification covering the key processes for their services.
- Providers should have a mature and well-maintained ITSM process that is key to support the services they provide.
Service level targets
- Minimum availability/reliability: 99%/99%
- Response to incident records in GGUS within support hours: Medium (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/FAQ_GGUS-PT-QoS-Levels#Medium_service)
Bids planning a total effort of about 17,5 Person Months/year would allow these services and activities to be addressed appropriately.