|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
- Service name: Operations portal
EGI.eu provides a central portal for the operations community that offers a bundle of different capabilities, such as the broadcast tool, VO management facilities, a security dashboard and an operations dashboard that is used to display information about failing monitoring probes and to open tickets to the Resource Centres affected. The dashboard also supports the central infrastructure oversight activities. It is fully interfaced with the EGI Helpdesk and the monitoring system through messaging. It is a critical component as it is used by all EGI Operations Centres to provide support to the respective Resource Centres. Moreover, the Operations Portal provides tools supporting security operations, VO management, broadcast, availability reporting. The Operations Portal includes also a new tool, VAPOR, which displays information gathered by the BDII, among which the amount of resources of the EGI RCs.
The Operations Portal provides different capabilities:
- The detection and the follow-up of incidents on the different resource centre of the EGI infrastructure
- The repository for the static information related to Virtual Organizations
- The broadcast tool
- A visualisation (charts) and notification (emails or rss) system related to the downtimes impacting the services, the sites, the NGIs or the VO
- A user tracking tool
- Metrics and charts
- Aggregation by VO, RC, and OC of the BDII information
- several tools to see Glue2 information
- detailed information about resources that support a site or a VO
- track the storage data by scanning the VOs catalog (detect dark data and lost files)
The architecture is composed of three modules:
- A database – to store information related to the users or the VO - namely MySQL
- A web module – graphical user interface – which is currently integrated into the Symfony and bootstrap frameworks
- A Data Aggregation and Unification Service named Lavoisier
Both MySQL and the web module are clustered to provide High Availability. Different instances of the services must be deployed to ensure HA.
This activity is responsible for the coordination of the system operation and upgrade activities with those partners that are in charge of operating other systems that depend on it. Coordination with the EGI Operations is necessary to support the production of reports and to provide data views not available in the portal standard interfaces.
- Daily running of the system
- Provisioning of a high availability configuration
- A testing infrastructure to verify interoperability and the impact of software upgrades on depending systems
- Deployment of the testing and production infrastructures of the developments produced by EGI-Engage
This activity includes:
- bug fixing, proactive maintenance, improvement of the system
- coordination of software maintenance activities with other technology providers that provide software for the EGI Core Infrastructure or remote systems deployed by integrated and peer infrastructures that interoperate with the Operations Portal.
- Maintenance of probes to test the functionality of the service
- Requirements gathering
Support through the EGI helpdesk to the users of the service (EGI.eu, VO Managers, EGI CSIRT, Resource Centre and Operations Centres)s and to the operators of other depending systems.
Support hours: eight hours a day, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays of the hosting organization.
Service level targets
Minimum availability/reliability: 99%/99%
Response to incident records in GGUS within support hours: Medium (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/FAQ_GGUS-PT-QoS-Levels#Medium_service)
Bids planning a total effort of 20 Person Months/year would allow these services and activities to be addressed appropriately.