2016-bidding/Marketplace and Resource allocation
|Main||EGI.eu operations services||Support||Documentation||Tools||Activities||Performance||Technology||Catch-all Services||Resource Allocation||Security|
|EGI Core services menu:||Services PHASE I •||Services PHASE II •||Services PHASE III •||Bids •||Payments •||Travel procedure •||Performance|
Go back to the EGI Core Activities Bidding page.
- Service name: Marketplace and Resource allocation
This activity will run the EGI systems and underpinning human processes necessary to enable discovery, selection and access to services of the EGI external catalogue (https://www.egi.eu/services/). This will comprise handling of service requests including pay-for-use services, authentication and authorization processes of long-tail of science, users brokering, compute/storage resource matchmaking and SLA/OLA negotiations.
This activity will run the services and the processes that support the workflow from service discovery to access:
- maintenance of an up to date information for services of the external service catalogue and for services from EGI partners
- handling of support and requests of service quotes,
- user management for access to the long tail of science services, including but not limited to: validation of the user affiliation and user suspension when service quotas are exceeded
- activities for the configuration of the EGI infrastructure necessary to support access depending on the service selected
- brokering and matchmaking of compute/storage resources to meet the service request
- SLA/OLA negotiation and reporting
- management of communications with the user during service activation
The activity will coordinate with:
- EGI Technical outreach and user support for the VO SLA negotiation
- EGI Operations for the support of the operational activities related to service provisioning and SLA monitoring
- EGI Resource providers and other service providers for the integration of new resources and services in the Marketplace and long tail of science platform
- Thematic platform providers and other EGI partners for the integration of their services in the Marketplace
The activity will take care of the daily operations and maintenance of the following tools:
- marketplace, relying on the finding and outcomes of the EGI-Engage project
The above-mentioned list of systems may be subject to changes and additional information on technical specification will be provided to the interested partners by December 2016.
Tools may require sub-components: e.g. authentication modules, database back-end, therefore services require multiple hosts (a good approximation is 2 for each service).
- Bux fixing, proactive maintenance, and deployment of software updates.
- Requirements gathering
Support will be provided to the end users and to the service providers through dedicated GGUS support unit(s).
The activity will also maintain the policies and documentation needed for the Marketplace.
Service level targets
Response to incident records in GGUS within support hours: Medium (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/FAQ_GGUS-PT-QoS-Levels#Medium_service)
Availability of the technical services: Availability 90%, Reliability 95%
Bids planning a total effort of 12 Person Months/year would allow these services and activities to be addressed appropriately.